🐈 Community
hitleaks

Feeback | Important Question

I joined Odesk before two months ago and worked hard day and night for satisfaction of my Clients. Worked on 9 x jobs successfully and got 5 Stars on all the completed jobs. Today one of my ongoing job was Ended by Client's and leaved little bit low feedbacks for me. I am attaching the shot of the feedback:-

How much effect will be due to this poor rating on my overall Rating?

Rating shot is attached for Pro members comments please.

Asif Rehman
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter

Asif, you are completely wrong.

" and leaved little bit low feedbacks for me. I am attaching the shot of the feedback"

No, that it is not low feedback. 4.5 star feedback is very good feedback. You should not be worried about this at all.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
tasamil

Don't worry-it won't affect your rating much.

Nowadays  you can have overall feedback score  as low as 2.00 and success and recommendation  score 100%.

hitleaks

Thanks Natasha for yours timely reply. Is there any default formula for the rating and could you calculate it for me? What will be my new Rating after adding this rating to my Profile?

Asif Rehman

Feedback stars: 
  F = feedback P = amount paid
  (P1 x F 1) + (P2 x F2) + (P3 x F3) divided by (P1 + P2 + P3)and so on.. Equals = your feedback score.

Success/Recommendation score-no one quite understands the logic in calculating this , but here :

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23060051-What-are-My-Stats-

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23103173

anne_ginger

You got 4.5 stars for that job and the client left positive feedback. What you should worry about is your job success score in your stats. If that score falls below 70 you'll likely be reviewed/suspended. 

Oh and your current score is 5 stars so the new rating should not affect you much.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄

Asif,

You've made a very good start on here. Everyone who starts with perfect fives is justifiably proud of that, and wants it to go on for ever - but in reality it goes on until the day it doesn't.  Keep doing top quality work and it will slowly and gradually increase again. Don't be tempted to refund the money- there's no shame in your new rating, and refunding can go against you, as well as letting bad clients get away with giving poor feedback on purpose.  Be proud of what you have achieved and keep it up. 

prestonhunter

Asif, you are completely wrong.

" and leaved little bit low feedbacks for me. I am attaching the shot of the feedback"

No, that it is not low feedback. 4.5 star feedback is very good feedback. You should not be worried about this at all.
hitleaks

Thank you all for your valuable comments on my post. @Preston I am at this stage due to your valueable help. I really appreciate it.

My overll rating has now been adjusted to 4.75. Is this okay for my progress?

How to achieve 5.00 rating again on Odesk? (Just for information)

Kind Regards

Asif Rehman

Asif Rehman

Just keep doing loads of five-star work. But be aware it takes much loger to get it back up than it does to lose it...

You can get back to five but it takes a very long time and a lot of jobs. Eventually, you will get close enough to five that oDesk will round you up to five. But this takes a lot of jobs at a perfect five.

I know I did it once but then quickly lost my perfect score again. I think it took about a year or more. Of course, with all the changes going on around here, maybe it doesn't work this way anymore.

You should understand that 5-star feedback is becoming LESS AND LESS important.

Your Job Success score is more important.

You can have a very successful oDesk experience and make good money while maintaining a 4.75 feedback average. You do not need to have a 5-star feedback average, and many, many contractors who make a lot of money on oDesk do not have a 5-star average.

@Preston H wrote:

You should understand that 5-star feedback is becoming LESS AND LESS important.

Your Job Success score is more important.

Spot on, as usual. But feedback is *part* of the Success score, from what we've been told, so it's still worth monitoring. Also, clients can search for contractors with feeback between 4.5 and 5.0, so it's nice if you can keep it above 4.49