cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed back score

Highlighted
Jonathan C Member Since: Nov 24, 2010
1 of 18
Hi, where can I see my feed back score.. need to know it..
Highlighted
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
2 of 18
You haven't got one yet. You get scored out of 5 at the end of a job by the client.
Highlighted
Vikash J Member Since: Nov 14, 2012
3 of 18
Hi, I am a game designer. I earned 5 star feedback with my several clients. I have done more then 40 jobs through odesk. But my one of those clients make 4 star feedback on my profile and left. Now My star is 4.98. how can i recover my 5 star feedback. :-(
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
4 of 18
Refund him in full (but its not a good idea) 4.98 is not bad. I do have 5.0 (for now, with 57 jobs) and it might hurt my pride if I get a less than perfect rating but its not the end of the world. Don't ask your client to change it either because that is simply unprofessional. I'm sure other clients won't take having a 4.98 rating against you.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Vikash J Member Since: Nov 14, 2012
5 of 18
thanks for your message towards me.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
6 of 18
You're welcome Smiley Happy And really, clients (I'm also a client here) would understand that even the best freelancers can sometimes get a non-perfect rating. In my book, if a freelancer has at least a 4.8, that means they are excellent at what they do. Those who are under 4.5 would be mediocre, and those under 4 is not good enough. I also take into consideration the number of past jobs and read what other clients have to say to be fair if the freelancer has a low rating, just to be sure that they didn't get simply burned by a spiteful client.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
7 of 18
It is disheartening losing the five stars but the reality is even the very best freelancer will occasionally get less than a perfect 5. Either because things just didn't go perfectly, or a client who just doesn't believe in giving five stars for everything. It's possible to claw it back but it takes a long long time and in reality you may be stuck with the 4.98 for a long time - and just when you think you might reach the five again, another less-than perfect comes along. So best to live with it and concentrate on doing your very best job. As said above, 4.98 is seen as excellent and any good client knows in reality that a perfect 5 isn't feasible for ever.
Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
8 of 18
If you keep getting five stars, you will eventually get back to five stars. It will take a long time but it will happen. I know I lost me five star rating a while back and I was at 4.99 for ages but then it eventually went back up to 5. Of course, I then lost the five star rating again and I'm now back at 4.99.
Highlighted
Community Guru
Ronald T Member Since: Sep 14, 2009
9 of 18

Kudos David! I have been there once, done that once myself. Added one 4.83 to all 5.0s and ended up with a 4.99. It takes six months for any rating to drop off from the calculations.

Ron aka LanWanMan
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Pat P Member Since: Nov 26, 2013
10 of 18
I'm fairly new to oDesk and I have the same issue. A client, who I should of dumped after the project began, gave me a less than perfect rating. I have received 5 stars for everything and all my clients all seem genuinely pleased—I have even had repeat business. But one client was very bad and did not give me the full scope of work during the interview then came back with a list of demands, not requests, DEMANDS, which weren't clearly communicated. Her messages were littered with typos, and sentences that made no sense. Anyways, the job did not get done to satisfaction and I received 2.65, which I do not believe is correct. Maybe it's an ego thing, but when compared to all my other ratings I just simply do not buy it. She did not know what she was looking for, could not communicate what little she did and as a result my design suffered. I have been fighting this and it is soooo frustrating.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS