Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feed back score

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
11 of 18
Maybe she wants to be refunded in full (the only way you can get rid of the unfair rating). That same thing happened to me lately, after a client published my only half-paid work. When I politely reminded him that publishing unpaid for work is a copyright violation (he won't pay me the remaining half as we agreed on), he ended the contract and gave me an unfair rating, just a rating, no feedback whatsoever. I ended up having to file a copyright violation ticket, and since oDesk can't do anything to an unfair rating, I had to refund him in full. Up to now my work is still published under his name online. Some clients deliberately do that to get free work. The surprising thing is that this client had several contracts with me before; but on our contract before this one, I gave him a 4.8 for failing to communicate what he wants and blaming me for it (he actually deserves a 3), so I guess its his way to get 'revenge' for me daring to give him a less than perfect rating. As he says, he is an "employer" and I'm only an "employee". Needless to say, I won't work with him anymore. Thankfully the last project was a small one so I did not get hit bad but the thought of people like him polluting the work place is ewww.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Highlighted
Sharmin S Member Since: Jan 17, 2015
12 of 18

Hello, I have been working in oDesk since October, 2014. In November, 2014 I got a new project and still I am working on this project. Last month my client increased my hourly rate and started a new contract. I hoped that he will give me a feedback but  he didn't. I gave him a good feedback. But when I saw that my client left no feedback for me it dishearten me! What does it mean I am not a good worker? But he made a new contract with me and he is a good client I think. I am feeling so sad! Since I am a new worker it frastrated me!

Highlighted
Community Guru
Aseem B Member Since: Dec 20, 2014
13 of 18

Sometimes clients just do not bother to leave feedback. If you are in touch with him, you can ask him to change feedback. For this first go into your ended contracts and select your contract that is without feedback. There you should see a link to enable client to change feedback.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
14 of 18

I agree with the above, with one caveat. Frame your request in a way that you're just asking for honest feedback, and don't in any way make it sound like you're asking for a high score, as that could be flagged for feedback extortion. So something like "I would appreciate if you would leave me some honest feedback for the job, as I don't have much feedback on my profile at the moment".

Good luck with it.

Highlighted
Deborah D Member Since: Apr 21, 2015
15 of 18

As an employer I am not happy with the new changes on Odesk that now do not display the feedback star rating of freelancers. It is important to me as an employer to be able to see at a glance their public feedback rating. I would like to request that this star rating be reinstated to benefit employers wanting to quickly select an employee based on other employers experience.

I understand that the new Job Success score of the freelancers, is based on many performance indicators, including: public and private feedback, successful completion of work, client complaints, responsiveness levels, missed deadlines, disputes, long term client relationships... and more, however I feel more comfortable being able to choose my contractors by their feedback rating.

It seems Odesk has decided the needs of the freelancer is more important than the needs of the employer.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
16 of 18

Hi Deborah,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us. I will forward it to the Team.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Muhammad I Member Since: Jun 8, 2015
17 of 18

Hi all,

One of my contract ended then client provide me some feedback. but mistakenly i clicked on "Enable client to change feedback". but my client didn't given me new feedback. what will happen in this case?

1) My old feed back will be updated after 14 days ?
2) OR "no feedback" will shown for that contract?

Thanks

Muhammad ismail

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
18 of 18

Hi Muhammad,

If you enabled your client to change feedback but he or she don't use the option, the feedback will just stay the same. 14 days later the link for the client to change feedback will disapprear.

I hope it answers your question.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS