cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback 4.5 when I have not worked yet?

Ace Contributor
Ken J Member Since: Nov 29, 2014
1 of 10

When I apply for jobs sometimes it says I have a 4.5 feedback! As far as I can tell I have not ever worked on an Odesk job before?

Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
2 of 10

Hi Ken,

Where is this displayed? I don't see anything on your page.

Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
3 of 10

That could just be oDesk being oDesk (i.e. strange things happen and no one knows why)

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 10

Hi Ken,

We haven't had similar reports, so please contact Customer Support and they will take a look at the issue you noted.

Ace Contributor
Ken J Member Since: Nov 29, 2014
5 of 10

When I apply for a job, I get the attached message. I have no history of contracts on the MyJobs page

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
6 of 10

Hi Kenneth,

I am sorry about the issue you are experiencing. Please, report it to Customer Support so they can assist you with fixing this problem.

Thank you for your patience!

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
7 of 10

Hello Kenneth and Moderators!

The messagge Kenneth is getting is NOT A BUG AT ALL. It simply means that the client picked a feedback score of 4.5 stars and above when posting the job as one of his/her criterias.

Vladimir and Valeria, this is NOT a problem. It means oDesk is working as it should!

again, not a bug! Abort reports to the already swamped support team! 

FYI Everyone, clients have the option on the advanced settings to filter freelancers according to feedback score, number of hours, and location.

When a freelancer who do not meet the criterias selected by the client applies to the job, the freelancer will get the following message at the top of the application page (or a pop-up window):

You do not meet all the client's preferred qualifications. 

You may still submit an application but the client will see that you do not meet the following criteria: {insert criteria here such as location, rating, or number of hours}

Kenneth,

You can totally still send an application. The message only means that your job application may be filtered or end up in the hidden folder. Don't worry though, there are plenty of clients who are wiling to give new freelancers a chance. Make sure you craft a rockin cover letter! Smiley Happy

-----------------------------------------

Again, this is not a problem everyone! 

It is the oDesk platform working as it should!

Unless Kenneth cannot send an application at all, but he posted a photo of the message he is getting and it is perfectly normal.

And mods, yes I live in oDesk haha!

Please don't flag this post if my IP is different from where I registered, I'm in the mddle of nowhere right now)

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
Community Guru
Manish A Member Since: Nov 4, 2014
8 of 10

Hello Kenneth,

Your attached image specifies Client’s preferred qualification, Feedback Score:  4.5 in the image refers to Client’s preference rather than referring to your feedback score.

Hope this helps. Good Luck.

Manish.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
9 of 10

Thank you for clarifying Dianne!

I am sorry, I misunderstood Kenneth's message.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
10 of 10
You're welcome Valeria!

I was confused by the OP's post at first too, it's why I didn't post a reply til today after he shared a screenshot of the message he's getting Smiley Happy

Thanks for sharing that screenshot Kenneth and all the best!

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS