🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback Removal - Top Rated Badge Perk
Page options
rahayags
Community Member

Feedback Removal - Top Rated Badge Perk

Hi,

I am currently a Top Rated freelancer with eligibility weeks of 16/16.

I do have a client right now that I can feel is not going to work and I want to end it or be ready for his possible negative review as he is not clear about what he wanted and asking for me to do a task that is not in the scope of my work.

If I ended it, would it affect my JSS/Top Rated badge? I have researched that the Top Rated badge perk can be used to remove the feedback but I am not sure if this will affect my JSS, can you elaborate? And.. If I can use it whom should I reach out to?

Thanks for helping,
Rose

2 REPLIES 2
AndreaG

Hi Rose,

You can learn all about how Feedback Removal works for Top Rated freelancers and how to request it here.

~Andrea
Upwork
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Rose Ann,

Using your feedback removal perk as a Top Rated freelancer means the client's hidden feedback on your project will not have any effect on your JSS. If you also have his public feedback removed, that will not appear on your profile.

Keep in mind that if you wait until you see whether his feedback (left when he closes/cancels the project) has affected your JSS, you can still have the feedback removed and your JSS will be recalculated, but your 16/16 weeks streak may drop to 14/16 (if your JSS drops below 90 as a result of the feedback and before its removal). So, you can consider having the feedback removed before it affects your JSS, so your 16/16 number is maintained, but you will then have to wait a while before the perk is available to you again. If you close the project your client may or may not leave feedback. If he doesn't, you have used your perk unnecessarily.

Unfortunately, it's always a bit of a guessing game as to which approach is best for you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members