🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Feedback Removal With Top Rated Profile
Page options
dilan-kothari
Community Member

Feedback Removal With Top Rated Profile

Hi there,

I've got a question regarding how removing feedback affects your profile if you have a top-rated profile.

So I currently have 100% JSS and have been Top Rated for months now. If I receive bad feedback on a job and it affects my JSS and I ask to get it removed, will my JSS stay 100% and will I still be Top Rated like how I was before I took on the job?

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
petra_r
Community Member

Dilan K wrote:

If I receive bad feedback on a job and it affects my JSS and I ask to get it removed, will my JSS stay 100% and will I still be Top Rated like how I was before I took on the job?

Mostly yes. The perk removes the contract's impact on the JSS, so in most cases all will be just as if that contract had never happened.

The only issue that can cause a problem is if your JSS dropped below 90% for too long and you no longer have enough eligible weeks for top rated.

However that won't happen to you because you'll be at 16 eligible weeks so have a safety net.

Thanks for the reply Petra.

The only concern I had is on the feedback removal article it states

"Note: Remember that removing feedback will not always change your Job Success Score."

So I don't want to be left in a position where I remove feedback but my JSS stays the same. 

Do you know in what circumstances your JSS will not be changed if you remove feedback?

Thanks

Dilan K wrote:

"Note: Remember that removing feedback will not always change your Job Success Score."

Do you know in what circumstances your JSS will not be changed if you remove feedback?

It won't if you remove the wrong contract. Either because you guessed wrong which contract hurt your JSS, or because you removed the impact of a contract that isn't even in your calculation window anymore.

If you remove the contract that made your JSS drop, your JSS will return to whatever it would have been had that contract never happened.

If you remove the impact of the wrong contract, your JSS won't improve as a result.

Dilan K wrote: Also is the private feedback still taken into account if you remove the feedback?

The private feedback is what affects the JSS and yes, when you use the perk, the entire impact of that contract outcome is removed from your JSS calculation

AndreaG

Hi Dilan,

Using the Feedback Removal Perk does not have any direct relation to your Top Rated status, other than the impact the feedback you remove may have on your JSS and the Top Rated requirement of a 90%+ JSS. Please keep in mind that, because of the complex nature of the JSS calculation, there is no guarantee your score will improve if you opt to remove a contract's feedback.

You can learn all about Feedback Removal here.

~Andrea
Upwork

Andrea G wrote:

Hi Dilan,

Using the Feedback Removal Perk does not have any direct relation to your Top Rated status, other than the impact the feedback you remove may have on your JSS and the Top Rated requirement of a 90%+ JSS. Please keep in mind that, because of the complex nature of the JSS calculation, there is no guarantee your score will improve if you opt to remove a contract's feedback.

You can learn all about Feedback Removal here.

Hi Andrea,

So I'm a bit confused as to why there might not be a change in my JSS if i remove feedback.

If I've had a 100% JSS and top rated for the last 12 months, and I get a bad review which brings me down to 80% for example. If I remove that feedback, would it not still do the same calculations without the bad feedback?

Also is the private feedback still taken into account if you remove the feedback?

Thanks

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members