🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback Removal from Top Rated | Keep JSS un...
Page options
svimp
Community Member

Feedback Removal from Top Rated | Keep JSS unaffected.

I am a Top Rated developer on Upwork for more than a year.

I recently had a client who requested more work than we agreed initially and he refused to pay extra. Therefore, I ended the contract. I have to mention that I have not submitted any work on the milestone section. Therefore, the client and I only had the option to leave each other private feedback. 

The client will more certainly leave negative feedback and I would like to avoid a drop in my JSS.

I know that there is a Feedback Removal option for the Top Rated freelancers and I would like to take advantage of this in order to keep my JSS unaffected. 

Can you please let me know if there is a way to do this even though the client will only leave private feedback?

I really appreciate your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Ciprian M wrote:

My question is if the Feedback Removal option will also work in this case in order to keep my JSS unaffected. 

Yes, of course. It will exclude the contract from the JSS calculation.

The client may not have left any private feedback though, in which case the impact on your JSS would likely be minimal. You may want to wait and see what impact the contract has before you use and maybe potentially waste your perk.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Ciprian M wrote:

Can you please let me know if there is a way to do this even though the client will only leave private feedback?

Sure, and the process is exactly the same as if there was feedback. Read about how to do it here

2a05aa63
Community Member

first you'll have to end the contract. Then you can request a removal. All the info here:

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/219801228-Feedback-Removal

If the feedback is over 4 and isn't that bad, and your JSS doesn't drop below 90%, I'd say - don't use it yet. Since you can use it only once in 3 month and after 10 new clients.

svimp
Community Member

That's the thing. 

I ended the contract before submitting the work. So the client only had the option to leave Private Feedback. Like bellow. 

Screenshot Capture - 2020-01-26 - 16-25-10.png

My question is if the Feedback Removal option will also work in this case in order to keep my JSS unaffected. 

Thanks!

petra_r
Community Member

Ciprian M wrote:

Yes, of course. It will exclude the contract from the JSS calculation.

The client may not have left any private feedback though, in which case the impact on your JSS would likely be minimal. You may want to wait and see what impact the contract has before you use and maybe potentially waste your perk.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members