Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Feedback Removal

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
11 of 118

OROYINKA P wrote:
Yes, we can only process a feedback removal 14 days after the job has been closed. Please let me know after 14 days if you wish to proceed with the removal and I'd be happy to assist.

Go back and ask him to escalate it to his team-lead straight away.

He is wrong.

Highlighted
Community Guru
12 of 118

PS - Did you use the correct process and email freelancersuccess at Upwork dot com rather than ask in a ticket to general support?

Highlighted
OROYINKA P Member Since: Feb 12, 2019
13 of 118
Yes I used the exact method. Freelancesuccess@upwork.com. I also stated the contract ID and also the ‘Hide on profile’

I have been getting a feedback from just one representative.
Highlighted
Community Guru
14 of 118

OROYINKA P wrote:
Yes I used the exact method. Freelancesuccess@upwork.com. I also stated the contract ID and also the ‘Hide on profile’

I have been getting a feedback from just one representative.

Have you asked for the issue to be escalated to a team-lead?

Highlighted
15 of 118
Yes I already did.
Highlighted
Community Guru
16 of 118

OROYINKA P wrote:
Yes I already did.

Good Smiley Happy Do let me know how it works out!

Highlighted
17 of 118
This was the response I got.

My name is *****, one of the supervisor here on Upwork and I'll be glad to assist you with your concern about the feedback removal perks for Top Rated freelancer.

As much as we love to process the removal right now, it is not possible since the contract was just ended on June 26, 2020. Please understand that this is the current process we have and we need to follow accordingly. We will be able to remove this, however, we need to wait for the 14 day feedback period to complete first prior to removal of the feedback. This will ensure that the feedback being removed is already final and no more changes can be made thereafter.
Highlighted
Community Guru
18 of 118

Write back and tell that person that the feedback is already final and no more changes can be made already as both parties have left their feedback.

(Or did you enable the client to change their feedback?)

Ask them where it says that. It has NEVER been the case before and if they had changed it, it would say so somewhere.

Highlighted
Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
19 of 118
Hi Oroyinka and Petra,

I can confirm that the information shared by the support agent is correct. We recently changed this process just a few weeks ago. For Top Rated feedback removal the process is that feedback cannot be removed before 14 days have passed since the contract was ended. Otherwise, until 14 days has passed, the change window isn't final and feedback may be edited by the other party.

Support articles were to be updated. We will make sure that information is reflected in our help documentation as well.
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
20 of 118

Lena,

This new policy, which has not previously been communicated to me as a freelancer, is quite simply ridiculous.

If 14 days must now pass before removing client feedback then the freelancer can't prevent the rating from affecting the biweekly update of the JSS. And once the JSS is updated, even if client feedback is eventually removed the ongoing affect can be to reduce the running total of the minimum 13 out of 16 weeks that is part of the Top Rated calculation.

And holding off removing feedback because  the 14-day "change window" hasn't passed is nonsensical. We have been told multiple times on this board (and no Upwork moderator has ever said otherwise) that the client can only change their public feedback during the "change window," while it's really the unchangeable private feedback that has a significant affect on the JSS. Or has this now been changed, too?

Upwork keeps making it harder and harder to be a happy freelancer. 

And please start pushing such important changes out to freelancers, rather than just hiding them via unannounced updates to the Web site's voluminous "help documentation," which no busy and successful freelancer has the time or inclination to constantly review for changes. (Surely that's not what the Upwork changemasters are hoping for - that no one will notice?)

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS