Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback Removal

Highlighted
Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
111 of 118

Lena,

Thank you for eventually providing an explanation of the problem here but it shouldn't have taken three days to get this important issue resolved.

Three hours should have been too much time to clean up this mess, but when even Upwork support people clearly don't understand Upwork's important rules and systems, how can either freelancers or clients ever hope to do so?

I'd still like some answers to questions so I can best look after my own interests in dealing with unreasonable and unsavory clients, including:

1) If a Top Rated freelancer removes client feedback will the client just see a blank space when they subsequently try to look at ther own feedback, regardless whether the freelancer requests the client’s feedback be removed completely or just removed from the freelancer’s JSS calculation?

2) If Upwork has decided a certain type of client's feedback will not be included in that client's freelancers' JSS calculation, does Upwork still require freelancers who are Top Rated to unnecessarily use their feedback removal perk for that client's feedback?

Thanks in advance for some more clear answers.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
112 of 118

Will L wrote:

1) If a Top Rated freelancer removes client feedback will the client just see a blank space when they subsequently try to look at ther own feedback, regardless whether the freelancer requests the client’s feedback be removed completely or just removed from the freelancer’s JSS calculation?

2) If Upwork has decided a certain type of client's feedback will not be included in that client's freelancers' JSS calculation, does Upwork still require freelancers who are Top Rated to unnecessarily use their feedback removal perk for that client's feedback?

1. If a freelancer uses the perk to only remove the contract from the JSS, the client see the contract with the feedback given and received, as does everyone else.

If a freelancer removes the public feedback along with the JSS impact, the client sees "This feedback has been removed" and the feedback the freelancer left for the client, if any, as does everyone else.

2. As the exclusion only affects the private feedba (it does not hide public feedback)k, and we don't know which clients are excluded (but chances are that many, if not most, can be identified by their feedback left and received, it can clearly happen that a freelancer uses the perk to remove feedback from such a client, even if the outcome would not have affected the JSS.

Highlighted
Community Guru
113 of 118

Petra,

Thank you for patrolling the message board so assiduously to try to answer everyone's questions and resolve so many problems, but if I address a post to a specific person, I'm looking for a response from that person.

Highlighted
Community Guru
114 of 118

Hi, Lena.

I'd still like to better understand what options I have as a freelancer in dealing with feedback and what clients see in regards to my feedback for them, including:

Thanks in advance for some clarity on these questions.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Abinadab A Member Since: Sep 26, 2016
115 of 118

Upwork does not require freelancers to remove feedback that will damage their JSS, or feedback that will not damage their JSS. It's a matter of choice.

Upwork will never tell you if/that removing a certain feedback from the JSS is unnecessary, as it would violate the private nature of the feedback.

Still, Upwork has sought to reassure that if removing a certain feedback will reduce your JSS, your JSS will be kept the same even after removal.

Only a client who has had their feedback removed, or a mod who can access such a client's account can answer this question. I'd wager Petra is neither of those.

ETA: Still, I believe the client will continue to see the public feedback they left in the contract page but will see Feedback removed on the freelancer's profile.

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
116 of 118

Hi Will, 

I see Petra and Abinadab have already replied to your questions and I can confirm the information they've shared. I'd like to reiterate that if a Top Rated freelancer chose to remove public feedback by exercising the perk, it'll be removed from their profile. The client can still see it on the contract page of their account.

Upwork doesn't require freelancers to use the perk and Upwork representative processing the removal request will not be able to share information about how feedback that's being removed affected the freelancer's JSS. Removing feedback may not always result in a change in JSS.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
117 of 118

Thanks for the reply, Valeria.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Jamie F Member Since: Mar 7, 2010
118 of 118

In case anybody is wondering - it is back to normal now.

I had to use my perk today (for the first time), and it was all done within a few hours. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS