cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback/Review not showing up on my profile?

g_vasilevski
Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
1331 of 3,286

Hi Ghazala,

The feedback period is 14 days from the end of a contract. The system is double-blind, which means that feedback won’t be visible until both parties provide it for each other.

Once you`ve provided feedback for your client or after 14 days, the feedback from your client will be visible on your profile as well. To learn more about this, check out this help article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
kinector
Community Guru
Mikko R Member Since: Dec 26, 2015
1332 of 3,286

I seem to have a similar problem. Here's what happened:

Got lucky to find a very good client and we did a good fixed price project together. Everyone happy.

The client thought the project could expand, depending on their own client's preferences. So at this point, as neither of us on Upwork know if there should be another phase in the project, we pause it. I receive the payment and I get the usual 5 star review which shows in my profile perfectly. Fantastic.

Some time later my client says the project won't actually expand. Which is perfectly ok. But they don't seem to read any messages from Upwork (because, understandably the work is closed for their part). And they didn't close the project which was still in paused state.

So, I close the project and give 5 star review to my client, so it won't appear in My Jobs page for nothing.

Now, I'd assume that the 5 star review would continue to show in my profile, but now it shows "No feedback given". Also, the review I gave doesn't show in my client's profile either (at least not in that job description).

Is there a way to get those reviews visible?

How can I avoid having this issue in the future? (Only by declining my clients' wishes to pause the project? I hope not since in principle it is a good feature.)

Thank you in advance for any guidance on this.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1333 of 3,286

Just wait... These reviews don't show up instantly, but usually show up within a day.

kinector
Community Guru
1334 of 3,286

Thanks Preston. So normally it should take just one day.

In this case it's been 12 days since I closed the project. Now I'm starting to think it might be some issue with the system. Hmm...

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
1335 of 3,286

Mikko, there is no issue with the system.

If YOU closed the contract, and if the other person did not provide feedback, then you need to wait two weeks.

kinector
Community Guru
1336 of 3,286

Oh, that must be it! Then I'll just wait. Thank you Preston.

sisic_mirza
Mirza S Member Since: Apr 27, 2018
1337 of 3,286

I'm having the same issue, about a day ago the job was completed successfully, I left a review for the client and I see that he left one for me,  when I got to terms & settings.

It's now showing up on my profile, the number of jobs and earnings have been updated successfully.

I got an email that there was a disruption of service on Upwork, could it be caused by that?

Thanks in advance. 

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
1338 of 3,286

Hi Mirza,

I just refreshed your profile and see the most recent contract showing. Please, let us know if a contract still isn't showing for you.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
1339 of 3,286

@Mikko R wrote:

So at this point, as neither of us on Upwork know if there should be another phase in the project, we pause it. I receive the payment and I get the usual 5 star review which shows in my profile perfectly. Fantastic.

Hi Mikko,

Please note that feedback can be left only after the contract is closed. If you closed the contract as a freelancer, I would agree with Preston that the reason for the message you're seeing is because your client hasn't left their feedback yet. You can confirm this by checking the contract details page.

We strongly advise freelancers to communicate with their clients and ask them to end their contract, since the party that ends the contract is required to leave feedback.

Untitled
carrieso
Carrie S Member Since: Jul 4, 2017
1340 of 3,286

Hi Upwork team,

Same case happened to me. Client told me that he made a review but I saw nothing on my profile.

Can someone kindly advise?

Many thanks,
Carrie

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS