🐈 Community
gulubaba

Feedback Suggestions to community

I have some suggestions for Upwork community. Upwork Community should have such a system that either client or contractor if gave low feedback, should give a solid reason to community. Simply, There should be a Feedback Justifying system. I think oDesk community should have a circular and should send that to new clients to tell them importance of feedback to freelancer and also other terms and conditions.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
g_nembhard

Hi Gulzar, When a client gives feedback, the freelancer can see what has been written first and then has the option to respond directly to the client's feedback. This is visible to oDesk users.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
g_nembhard

Hi Gulzar, When a client gives feedback, the freelancer can see what has been written first and then has the option to respond directly to the client's feedback. This is visible to oDesk users.

I have did my job but client deniy . he requested to refund. upwork has policy if i dont act on refund activity then they return to client. Is then client able to give me feedback and will it show my profile....I didn't want give him feedback or communicate..

@Ankit B wrote:

I have did my job but client deniy . he requested to refund. upwork has policy if i dont act on refund activity then they return to client. Is then client able to give me feedback and will it show my profile....I didn't want give him feedback or communicate..

What are you talking about???

What on earth are you talking about?

barronrandall

As someone who is strongly considering leaving Upwork behind, you may want to take this w/ a grain of salt, but my suggestion is to be very upfront w/ clients about your expectations vis-a-vis feedback.

I just spent some time writing the couple clients who did not leave reviews even though they verbally communicated their happiness w/ my work to me. As I asked them why they didn't and asked them if they could take the time to rectify this, the idea of what this opening line of dialog would sound like w/ a client started to gel in my mind.

I think it is of the utmost importance NOW, that prior to a potential client becomes an actual client, that you somewhat turn the tables and interview THEM before decidingn to take the contract. Be upfront about your concerns vis-a-vis Upworks policies.  Then simply ask, do they know HOW to leave a review......if no, are they willing to let you walk them through it. Is it something they feel they'd have the time to do? This is really important I think for small operations, as they will tend to be the flakier clients.

I just tried th is conversation out on a former client and it seemed to go well, they assure me thay will go back and leave feedback. Hopefully they won't subract a star for my having to badger them to do it.

And I keep telling myself.....You only h ave to give 10% of your earning before taxes for this wonderful service!

Learning Paths