🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback after 30 days of payment passed.
Page options
3dorian
Community Member

Feedback after 30 days of payment passed.

Is that right that a client can not give me feedback because the last payment is longer than 30 days ago? The contract is not closed yet and the job is marked as "Job in progress" in my profile.

I managed the graphics part in the beginning of the game production and the development took until now. It was one of my bigger projects and I did a good job, so I would like to get feedback for that project.

Does the client have to pay a small amount to give me feedback and so I can give him feedback? If yes, what is the minimum amount he has to pay in order to give me feedback?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Dorian K wrote:

Is that right that a client can not give me feedback because the last payment is longer than 30 days ago?

No, that is not true. They just can't give the completely meaningless "mid contract" feedback. 

As soon as the client closes the contract, they will be leaving feedback. It is actually impossible for them to close the contract WITHOUT leaving feedback.

So, basically, encourage the client to close the contract, while assuring them you are looking forward to working with them again soon if the need arises.

Bojan S wrote:

That is correct. If the contract is still active a client can choose to proactively provide Mid-Contract Feedback. 

I don't think Dorian really wants mid-contract feedback, he wants proper feedback that means something and doesn't look weird on the profile and isn't hidden on the "in progress" page.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Dorian,

That is correct. If the contract is still active a client can choose to proactively provide Mid-Contract Feedback. Here is the help article for more information.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Dorian K wrote:

Is that right that a client can not give me feedback because the last payment is longer than 30 days ago?

No, that is not true. They just can't give the completely meaningless "mid contract" feedback. 

As soon as the client closes the contract, they will be leaving feedback. It is actually impossible for them to close the contract WITHOUT leaving feedback.

So, basically, encourage the client to close the contract, while assuring them you are looking forward to working with them again soon if the need arises.

Bojan S wrote:

That is correct. If the contract is still active a client can choose to proactively provide Mid-Contract Feedback. 

I don't think Dorian really wants mid-contract feedback, he wants proper feedback that means something and doesn't look weird on the profile and isn't hidden on the "in progress" page.

3dorian
Community Member

Thats great, thank you!

I guess this is what raised my doubts and thought that something changed on UpWork, but now I understand it.

Thanks Petra!

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths