🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback and jss for new Freelancer
Page options
shiwaligupta
Community Member

Feedback and jss for new Freelancer

Hello, I have worked for 3 projects till now in my Freelancing career on UpWork...the first 2 went good...good satisfaction and everything was great...but on 3rd one the client was too rude... asked work thrice...which I did ....can u imagine 3 times? Still, at last he didn't even talked and ended with 3.8 stars...now my question is how much will this affect jss..any idea? Like 5% or 10%
It was a small project and I had both of my other projects way bigger than this.. so pls tell me
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Shiwali G wrote:
Hello, I have worked for 3 projects till now in my Freelancing career on UpWork...the first 2 went good...good satisfaction and everything was great...but on 3rd one the client was too rude... asked work thrice...which I did ....can u imagine 3 times? Still, at last he didn't even talked and ended with 3.8 stars...now my question is how much will this affect jss..any idea? Like 5% or 10%
It was a small project and I had both of my other projects way bigger than this.. so pls tell me

I can imagine a client asking 10 times, there are really no limits to my imagination. The main thing is to stay professional and not use the respond to feedback function with your personal grievances.

It's hard to tell how the client's private feedback will affect your JSS because you will have to complete more jobs in order to get one, but your response is likely to do much more damage that ever could. 

Last words: correct all mistakes and spelling errors on your profile, especially important if you are a writer! 

Edit - you mean he asked for revisions 3 times? Whole different matter! I thought you meant he wrote you 3 times to do the work ... misunderstanding. 

I don't know if your response to his feedback can be edited? By all means, delete it! You accused a person of cheating and fraud. Never do that. 

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Shiwali G wrote:

I can imagine a client asking 10 times, there are really no limits to my imagination. The main thing is to stay professional and not use the respond to feedback function with your personal grievances.

It's hard to tell how the client's private feedback will affect your JSS because you will have to complete more jobs in order to get one, but your response is likely to do much more damage that ever could. 

Last words: correct all mistakes and spelling errors on your profile, especially important if you are a writer! 

Edit - you mean he asked for revisions 3 times? Whole different matter! I thought you meant he wrote you 3 times to do the work ... misunderstanding. 

I don't know if your response to his feedback can be edited? By all means, delete it! You accused a person of cheating and fraud. Never do that. 

He gave me a 3.8 and I too gave him a bad ... He marked as job successfully completed and contract is all over..I don't have any business more with that guy.. what more damage is that now? It's already done

Shiwali G wrote:
He gave me a 3.8 and I too gave him a bad ... He marked as job successfully completed and contract is all over..I don't have any business more with that guy.. what more damage is that now? It's already done

You asked how much of an impact it will have on your JSS when you get one. And asked if it would be 5% or 10%. I responded with "More than that" as in "The impact of the contract on your JSS will be more than 5% or 10%"

Martina P wrote:

Edit - you mean he asked for revisions 3 times?

She does offer unlimited free revisions on her profile...

Shiwali G wrote:

The damage is any future client can see what you wrote and might  not want to work with a freelancer that responds in that manner because that will show up on their profile, and it might seem this freelancer is too high maintenance. If you offer unlimited revisions, you should not complain if the client asked you for 3. 

petra_r
Community Member

now my question is how much will this affect jss..any idea? Like 5% or 10%

More than that, The client gave you 5 stars for everything apart from skills and quality. Doesn't that make you wonder why? Your uppity response to the feedback does more harm than good. The fact that you needed to redo the work 3 times before it was OK (or the client gave up) says more about you than the client, to be honest.

And you need to fix your profile and your self assessed level of English.....

I don't understand why u saying 5 stars ...he has given a clear 3.8

No one is gonna see the detailed rating as far as my experience...to be honest

Shiwali G wrote:

Okay, so in your limited experience no one will see the detailed rating. But numerous freelancers and clients (Petra and I both hire on Upwork) will tell you we do look at the detailed rating. I will also tell you that anything above a 3 is merely something for me to note, not a deal breaker. A 3.8 means there were some issues, but it's not like you entirely failed. And as a client I would want to know if it was because of missing a deadline or if it was the quality of work, etc. Because if the quality and skills were great but deadlines were poor, or vice versa that could affect me to hire you or not. So we do look at those detailed ratings. 

I agree that you may want to rethink your English proficiency or at least make sure you know the difference between "socializing" and "specializing." I'm also not sure what "bussiness" is? Or "moto." Those things would more likely cause me not to hire you than the 3.8, which is sort of supported by the mistakes in your profile. 

You can recover from a 3.8 but you will need to tighten up your profile and correct those errors so you don't look like a 3.8 freelancer and look like a 5 star freelancer. 

Shiwali G wrote:

Everybody can see it, it's public.

Shiwali G wrote:

feedback.png

He left you 5 stars for availability, deadlines, communication and cooperation

If you don't want to do revisions, don't offer unlimited free revisions on your profile.

I really think u just quickly replying... Without thinking...Just think about it.. without a single reply...he just ended the contract..? He was trying to get the work out for low price

Shiwali G wrote:
I really think u just quickly replying... Without thinking...Just think about it.. without a single reply...he just ended the contract..? He was trying to get the work out for low price

I only believe clients don't intend to pay when they don't. I've had clients abruptly end contracts, for whatever reason, and pay and be on their way. I always let them know that I'm available if they need any more assistance and feel free to reach out if they have questions on what I did provide during the contract. You haven't mentioned in this thread him not paying. The review on your profile says you got paid $10. Was there additional money in escrow for this article? 

Shivali wrote:
He was trying to get the work out for low price

The client hired someone else to write the article after having already paid you. This would indicate that the client could not use your work even after 3 rounds of revisions. 

without a single reply...he just ended the contract..?

It makes sense that a client, when they realise that there is no point in continuing with a freelancer, ends the contract and hires someone with the necessary skills instead. That way the client pays twice, but eventually gets something they can use.

I know what I had to...now could someone please turn off this community post? Maybe?

Shiwali G wrote:

She means you should aim to get 5 stars only on your profile. In order to reach that aim, you need to brush up your profile, correct all errors, deliver only work of the highest quality, don't react to bad feedback because it hurt your ego, stay professional at all times, don't offer unlimited revisions when you are unwilling to provide them.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths