Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared - Really upset

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
11 of 66

I hope so Garnor as the first ticket she said it had ended abruptly and to please open another chat, and the second rep blew me off saying it was being handled, but the ticket was closed and not merged with the original ticket.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
12 of 66

I recently noticed that the feedback I gave to one of my client’s disappeared, I submitted a ticket and the next day I got a response (solved). Although, I see your situation is complicated 😞

suznee
Community Guru
13 of 66

@Natasha R wrote:

I recently noticed that the feedback I gave to one of my client’s disappeared, I submitted a ticket and the next day I got a response (solved). Although, I see your situation is complicated 😞

I hope they decide it is simple. I got told I had never received feedback and they had no other complaints in regards to what I was referring to.

All my other feedback is in place and this had to do with a new contract and the old being changed to give me a bit more money. What is weird is is you look at my profile pic it shows the job as one contract with no feedback. Which this was two contracts. and the new contract is not showing but I hadn't expected it to as it usually doesn't for a couple days.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
14 of 66

What is weird is you look at my profile pic it shows the job as one contract with no feedback

And if you look at client’s history it shows job in progress http://screencast.com/t/uvJacXGnhE

suznee
Community Guru
15 of 66

@Natasha R wrote:

What is weird is you look at my profile pic it shows the job as one contract with no feedback

And if you look at client’s history it shows job in progress http://screencast.com/t/uvJacXGnhE

Natasha,

That is weirder. As I am looking at my profile and you saw the screenshot I posted. But if you look on both of those it is not even showing that that is 3 separate contracts. Same job, just three contracts to give me a bit more money each time.

This is weird. I don't know I just know it is a mess and the feedback is missing completely. Take a look at my profile no where does it have a listing for a job for Customer Service completed last year with feedback on it. But what you just took a screenshot of and I did both show start dates of 2012. It is like the dumped the 3 contracts into one job and deleted the feedback.

I would show shots of my backend where it is showing duplicate feedback from me and none from him but it has other info so I won't but it is frustrating. It is like well we are just going to dump this all into one and wipe your feedback ... Sigh...

My other client who I have had 3 contracts with is showing. All his feedback is showing. He is a long term but he has not changed anything since all the changes.  

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
16 of 66

Hi Natasha,

If you haven't already, please contact Customer Support so they can assist you directly.

Untitled
suznee
Community Guru
17 of 66

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Natasha,

If you haven't already, please contact Customer Support so they can assist you directly.

Vladimir if you read the thread she was posting what she was seeing on my profile not hers. And if you look a the two screeshots they are different. One says no feedback given the other shows an active contract, but they both show three contracts merged. 

Krisztina

If you take a look at my full profile I have another client I have worked for as long as that client. one month difference. There is three two feedbacks from him and a I am working a new job as they changed my work and job title. So although what you wrote would make more sense to have them all in one, it doesn't explain why the other would remain as two feedbacks and the new job. The other thing is when I went to leave feedback for my client on this one that was closed it duplicated itself and looks like it removed my feedback and put the same exact feedback in each job to the client but the feedback from him disappearred.

Even support stated both contracts are there but she kept insisting your client didn't leave feedback. My client did leave feedback.

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
18 of 66

@Suzanne N wrote:

@Vladimir G wrote:

Hi Natasha,

Vladimir if you read the thread she was posting what she was seeing on my profile not hers. And if you look a the two screeshots they are different. One says no feedback given the other shows an active contract, but they both show three contracts merged. 

Krisztina

If you take a look at my full profile I have another client I have worked for as long as that client. one month difference. There is three two feedbacks from him and a I am working a new job as they changed my work and job title. So although what you wrote would make more sense to have them all in one, it doesn't explain why the other would remain as two feedbacks and the new job. The other thing is when I went to leave feedback for my client on this one that was closed it duplicated itself and looks like it removed my feedback and put the same exact feedback in each job to the client but the feedback from him disappearred.

Even support stated both contracts are there but she kept insisting your client didn't leave feedback. My client did leave feedback.

I understand the issue, and I am not saying it should be that way, but I have seen it happen quite a few times. In fact, the same exact thing happened to two members of my team 6 and 18 months ago. 

suznee
Community Guru
19 of 66

@Krisztina U wrote:

I understand the issue, and I am not saying it should be that way, but I have seen it happen quite a few times. In fact, the same exact thing happened to two members of my team 6 and 18 months ago. 

Well I am going to tell you that I will be raising hell till it is fixed or I am through with oDesk. Something like that shouldn't even be happening with feedback especially, and they should have had this fixed unless it is intentional. If it is intentional then they need to announce it or say something about it as I have always been told that they have to start a new contract to increase your fees, so we have always done things as told and now i lose my feedback.

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
20 of 66

I think this is by design as I have seen it quite a few times before. Long term contracts seem to be merged so the freelancer can't minimize their risk of a final devastating rating, although whenever I asked what to do, I was just told to ask my client to close my contract, leave a rating, and start a new one. Now instead of having a positive rating over the $40k+, and getting a new rating over the hours worked at the higher rate, there will be only one final rating, and if that's not a really good rating, the oDesk career is over. In theory, there are even bigger ramifications because now if the new contract would go sour, and there would be a payment issue, payments of the previous contract (that has now became the new contract) that don't fall under guarantee because i.e. the memos are "insufficient" could be withheld and returned to the sender. It's rather unlikely to happen, I am sure - but it is in theory possible when it shouldn't be.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS