Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared - Really upset

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
21 of 66

@Krisztina U wrote:

I think this is by design as I have seen it quite a few times before. Long term contracts seem to be merged so the freelancer can't minimize their risk of a final devastating rating, although whenever I asked what to do, I was just told to ask my client to close my contract, leave a rating, and start a new one. Now instead of having a positive rating over the $40k+, and getting a new rating over the hours worked at the higher rate, there will be only one final rating, and if that's not a really good rating, the oDesk career is over. In theory, there are even bigger ramifications because now if the new contract would go sour, and there would be a payment issue, payments of the previous contract (that has now became the new contract) that don't fall under guarantee because i.e. the memos are "insufficient" could be withheld and returned to the sender. It's rather unlikely to happen, I am sure - but it is in theory possible when it shouldn't be.

But the original feedback should have stayed. I am seeing in this thread http://community.odesk.com/t5/Announcements/My-Stats-for-Freelancers-A-focus-on-Job-Success/td-p/682...
Page 11 and 12 two more people have posted they have had the same problem and support yesterday told me no one has reported this problem.
It is fine they merged the jobs but the original feedback should have stayed there.

suznee
Community Guru
22 of 66

Krisztina

I guess you were right this is how it has been all along or so I am told in another thread. Please see Lillian's post half way down the page.

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Announcements/My-Stats-for-Freelancers-A-focus-on-Job-Success/td-p/682...

I don't know how oDesk can contradict half of what they tell you. One person tells you one thing and another person tells you another. 

I am not going to take this lying down. I think I am an above average freelancer. I work hard and  have two long term clients that I have been with over two years. And now I am told it is a temporary thing. Although feedback for a year being temporary and disappearing is not acceptable.

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
23 of 66

@Suzanne N wrote:

Krisztina

I guess you were right this is how it has been all along or so I am told in another thread. Please see Lillian's post half way down the page.

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Announcements/My-Stats-for-Freelancers-A-focus-on-Job-Success/td-p/682...

I don't know how oDesk can contradict half of what they tell you. One person tells you one thing and another person tells you another. 

I am not going to take this lying down. I think I am an above average freelancer. I work hard and  have two long term clients that I have been with over two years. And now I am told it is a temporary thing. Although feedback for a year being temporary and disappearing is not acceptable.

Not sure I have words left. It also contradicts what my "account manager" told me many times over, and it contradicts what "support" told me over the years - but none of that surprises me at this point. People like you and me, freelancers who work on long term engagements and successfully grow relationships, are just the lowest to no priority to oDesk. It's almost as if they want us gone by sabotaging our efforts whereever they can. **edited for Community Guidelines.**

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
24 of 66

Hi Suzanne,

I've tried to help clarify the questions around multiple Feedback ratings you've seen on a long-term contract due to rate increases. You can see my explanation here. If the job you're referencing was not one in which you received rate increases (and as a result multiple Feedback) ratings, then please do continue to follow up with our Support team. 

The important thing to note is for long-term contracts where you've received multiiple Feedback ratings, you are benefitting from this in your Job Success score. 

suznee
Community Guru
25 of 66

Why has my support ticket(s) sat for 6 days with no replay back after I was told they were going to engineering. If it is the case as Garnor and the others say then I should have had a reply back. but I was told 6 days ago that they were putting it on pending and looking into it. 

Not one word back in 6 days. This is really unacceptable customer support. 

candi45
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
26 of 66

I can understand your frustration. I opened a ticket 18 days ago. Got a response on the 4th of March that it was being escalated and nothing ever again despite me asking over and over what the status is. *sigh*

suznee
Community Guru
27 of 66

@Candi H wrote:

I can understand your frustration. I opened a ticket 18 days ago. Got a response on the 4th of March that it was being escalated and nothing ever again despite me asking over and over what the status is. *sigh*

Candi,

I don't get why customer support is so bad. They are telling us soon we will have premium support, but we can't even get regular support. I am wondering if Premium is going be as subpar as support is.

There is no reason tickets should be taking the length of time they are nor is there any reason tickets should be ignored or closed as I have had happen with no resolution. This is just poor poor customer service. oDesk really needs to take a look at the Customer service team and training methods as they are sorely lacking 

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
28 of 66

In all seriousness, if oDesk is interested, I guarantee that some of the regular forum posters, including Suzanne, could offer solid consultation that could improve oDesk customer support.

I'm not saying Suzanne or any specific person is available (or interested). But if offered generous financial compensation, I am certain that there a number of people here, who if invited to help, would be willing and able to do so. Many people here even have significant experience in the customer support industry.

suznee
Community Guru
29 of 66

Preston that will never happen because they would have to admit there was a problem to ask a freelancer to assist in it.

suznee
Community Guru
30 of 66

Well I got an answer to my ticket from the CSR who tells me my issue was the result of a temporary bug which has been resolved. 

Funny my contracts were merged and the feedback is still gone. Does that seem like a temporary bug or resolved? I don't think so, and I assume it is what I posted earlier on another thread which states it is by design that the contracts are merged.

I am going to suggest that oDesk decide which story they are going to use and let all the customer support and engineering know since it doesn't look good for one thing on the forum and a ticket being closed telling me it is resolved and was a bug that has been resolved. This is really awful awful customer support.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS