Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared - Really upset

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
31 of 66

Which feedback? Last I checked it was showing no feedback given http://screencast.com/t/oaqI5BHKmaKh but now I see a wonderful feedback comment http://screencast.com/t/mhUtxG7Hl2Zd

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
32 of 66

THe screenshot you have now is the new feedback my client gave me this week. Hence his comment.

The feedback that originally had been there and where you saw the no feedback given. My client left new feedback and they merged the two contracts and the new feedback was added but the job is now one with new feedback. The old feedback was not fixed (which we determined from the posts it was by design that happens) but I had a ticket and was told to leave it open. 

It was closed and it was stated by engineering it was a bug and had been resolved.

But it is not resolved, as the two contracts were merged, the feedback that was on the first job was removed, and the two contracts were ended merged together and the only reason there is feedback now is my client added new feedback.

So now my ticket on it states it is a bug and was fixed, but it is not fixed, and mods on the forum are saying it is by design and has been that way forever.

natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
33 of 66

I see your feedback is back, Suzanne. Your client left you a wonderful comment. It took some time but you finally got it back. 

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
34 of 66

@Natasa R wrote:

I see your feedback is back, Suzanne. Your client left you a wonderful comment. It took some time but you finally got it back. 

It is not the original feedback it is new feedback. The original feedback was on the first contract which has been merged with that one.

I have had 3 contracts with this client. When he gave me a raise the first time I had wonderful feedback that they removed when he started the third contract and they merged the first two contracts. When the two were merged it was left so I new feedback which is what you are seeing could be left. 

And I am sure it has to do with this posted in this thread Page 11-12

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Announcements/My-Stats-for-Freelancers-A-focus-on-Job-Success/td-p/682...

@Lillian T wrote:

For long-term projects that have contract updates made to them, we allow both parties (clients and freelancers) the chance to provide temporary feedback as a way of reviewing the progress of the project. This feedback is visible on both parties’ profiles until the contract is officially ended. At this point the only feedback that remains public is the end of contract feedback. This is not a bug, but the way oDesk aggregates its data.
I have noted your feedback and will pass it along, about leaving mid-job-feedback posted on profiles. Please note that just because it isn’t visible doesn’t mean it’s not recorded and taken into account on our back end.

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
35 of 66

I see what you're saying Suzanne. It's so frustrating. They say that all feedback will be taken into account in their back-end - but what if a client's final written review is negative?? Then that's what we're supposed to be left with?!

This merging feature should have never been established in the first place. It is horrible to get a wonderful testimonial on your profile, only to have it taken away from you after some time.

natram
Community Guru
36 of 66

This forum makes me dizzy. I missed your two last posts. 

They removed your first feedback? Since when did they start merging feedback? Why not let all the feedback showing in the profile? 

iaabraham
Community Guru
37 of 66

@Natasa - apparently this 'rule' has always been in place!! Except there's no articles or help guides on that. If your client has been updating your contract by raising your rate - these don't count as separate contracts - they all get merged into one after that contract is finally over. So any previous (written) feedback that the client left disappears - they're calling it "temporary feedback"!

See Suzanne's link to the other forum post where all of us were complaining about it.

natram
Community Guru
38 of 66

@Natasa - apparently this 'rule' has always been in place!!

I wonder how many more "old" features we going to discover as they keep changing this platform... I have never heard of merging feedback or temporary feedback before. This is completely insane!

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
39 of 66

Omg I had to submit a ticket, I just noticed a contract that ended Oct 23-2013 has vanished from profile and the feedback I got disappeared. I recently got a pay raise so I know it was merged, but why did they remove the feedback I had for almost a year and half? Also, how come my feedback is still there? This is really unfair, so the feedback we received disappears but the feedback the client gets from us does not.

I have provided screenshots and have asked them to put my feedback back, I know it will no longer be visible on my profile, but private feedback is important too.

Also, the contract that actually ended was another one ( yes, same client) , they gave me a pay increase on Mar 18, so now it’s showing on my profile as ended, but soon this will update as I’m already working on it. All of a sudden they have merged 3 contracts.

I want my feedback back, this is not fair 😞

iaabraham
Community Guru
40 of 66

Now because of this new merging rule disguised as an old one, every time one of my clients gives me a raise, I'm going to ask them to properly end the contract and start a new one, instead of just updating the current contract with an increased rate.

This whole thing is so frustrating and unecessary!! How does merging contracts help anybody?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS