Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared - Really upset

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
41 of 66

I’m ok with the contract that ended on Mar 18 being merged, I did not even get feedback, client told me it was pay raise under the same contract and they will no longer be providing feedback when given pay raise, this will only be done when the contract ends, but why mess with the contract that ended on 2013 which did have feedback?  😞

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
42 of 66

Now because of this new merging rule disguised as an old one, every time one of my clients gives me a raise, I'm going to ask them to properly end the contract and start a new one, instead of just updating the current contract with an increased rate.

Me too, I will only make an exception with this client and I have valid reasons to accept, but for all other clients I will ask them not to click on pay increase, to actually end the contract and start a new one.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
43 of 66

Natasha R wrote:

Omg I had to submit a ticket, I just noticed a contract that ended Oct 23-2013 has vanished from profile and the feedback I got disappeared. I recently got a pay raise so I know it was merged, but why did they remove the feedback I had for almost a year and half? Also, how come my feedback is still there? This is really unfair, so the feedback we received disappears but the feedback the client gets from us does not.

I have provided screenshots and have asked them to put my feedback back, I know it will no longer be visible on my profile, but private feedback is important too.

Also, the contract that actually ended was another one ( yes, same client) , they gave me a pay increase on Mar 18, so now it’s showing on my profile as ended, but soon this will update as I’m already working on it. All of a sudden they have merged 3 contracts.

I want my feedback back, this is not fair 😞

This is why I was so upset. Feedback should never be removed. It is part of getting new clients. By removing it they took away my tools for attracting new clients. My original Feedback was on there for over a year and they removed it.
My client yes gave me another fabulous feedback, but the first job feedback that got merged should never have been merged nor should the feedback have been removed.
On top of the I sent a support ticket in and it sat for 7 days telling me the first time in chat it has to be sent to engineering. It was closed today telling me it was a temporary bug and has been fixed. They closed the ticket. They didn't fix anything as the feedback is gone and according to a supposed way they do things although it is not posted anywhere and Garnor said it would get updated ugh... I have lost the original feedback.
My client did leave me another feedback that was just as good if not better, but the feedback should not have ever have been removed. It does me no good in the backend to attract new clients.
This whole matter was handled very shabbily. Feedback should never be merged. Contracts should not be merged. And oDesk forum moderators really need to get together with support and at least get their stories straight cause support tells me the issue was a bug, which they supposedly resolved (which they haven't) and forum moderators tell us it has always been this way.

It really is not acceptable to remove feedback, This would be like going to my website and removing testimonials telling me I didn't need them to attract business. It is just plain wrong.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
44 of 66

They say that all feedback will be taken into account in their back-end - but what if a client's final written review is negative?? Then that's what we're supposed to be left with?!

How will this be done if they are even removing private feedback? What happens to those contracts which did not end and just got pay increase with no feedback? I assume the pay increase is what they will be taking into account, after all no one gives pay increase if they’re not happy. Still not happy with this, what if something goes wrong towards the end of a long contract? The only feedback visible on our profiles will be the bad one. I have seen ended contracts with bad feedback after 3000+ hours.

I wish they would reconsider this; all clients should be forced to give feedback when given pay raise. The merge might be good for clients (less work) but it’s very risky for freelancers.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
45 of 66

My client yes gave me another fabulous feedback, but the first job feedback that got merged should never have been merged nor should the feedback have been removed.

At least it’s still on your profile, mine is not. Come to think of it, yours were not merged, they are still 2 contracts on your profile, while mine has been merged/gone from my profile.

It really is not acceptable to remove feedback, This would be like going to my website and removing testimonials telling me I didn't need them to attract business. It is just plain wrong.

Totally agree!

suznee
Community Guru
46 of 66

@Natasha R wrote:

At least it’s still on your profile, mine is not. Come to think of it, yours were not merged, they are still 2 contracts on your profile, while mine has been merged/gone from my profile.

Totally agree!

It is not in my profile. I think I am not explaining correctly.

1st contract - got a raise, had fabulous feedback written. This was my first feedback I had ever received.

2nd contract same client - This was active till recently and he gave me a raise. Now comes the third contract and here is where my feedback disappearred and contract 1 and 2 got merged. They removed the feedback that was with contract 1.

Now that they finally merge it my client added NEW feedback last week. The original feedback that was on contract one has not been put back. It is gone.. poof .. no more.

natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
47 of 66

I can't believe how they make things more and more uncomfortable for freelancers to work here.

suznee
Community Guru
48 of 66

What I can't believe is this was no where in the help files and when I post what was in the help file all I get is it has been this way a long time and they will have to update the help file. The help file since 2013 has said no where about raises and merging and feedback disappearing.

What is funny is one of the things on the help file on Feedback is this:

On oDesk, your feedback is your reputation, and your reputation is a very important part of landing jobs!

So why is oDesk removing feedback? It should not be removed.

natram
Community Guru
Natasa R Member Since: Feb 2, 2012
49 of 66

Totally agree with you Suzanne! In fact, I find it a little too convenient that we are just hearing about feedback disappearing and merging. I wonder what other "old" news are we going to hear about in the future? During my years here, I have never heard any freelancer or mod mentioning it, and I have never seen it in Help Center either.

suznee
Community Guru
50 of 66

I am not concerned about that aspect of it, because even when I worked regular jobs and left for whatever reason always was given glowing recommendations, but I had it in writing from my previous job. With them removing the feedback I have nothing to show that the client had been happy with me and I had been with them long term.

For short term freelancers this is even worse if they work short jobs for a client and they have great feedback, and then end up with bad feedback.

Here is what I don't understand. The way they say it has always been there is one flaw here.

I have 2 long term clients. I have been with both of them over 2  years. (one month apart) The other client has hired me for 3 contracts but the first two contracts I did as a call reviewer and then they gave me more responsibilty and a new title and more money, but those three contracts were not merge. I would like to know if it is because my job title changed or why? Because it is the same client, the two previous contracts were the same title and it can't be the raise as they merged this clients for the raise in money, so why was my other client's feedback not removed and why is there 3 contracts not two the open and the other two merged?

It is not consistent in what they are merging and what feedback is removed.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS