Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared - Really upset

candi45
Ace Contributor
Candi H Member Since: Jan 14, 2015
51 of 66

I just checked mine because I have several clients that close a job and then send me another one on a whole new contract. I can't remember exactly, but it does look like the few I remember in recent months still have individual feedback for each project. It looks like one may be missing, but I may not remember correctly. I truly hope they don't make this a new thing.

Does the number of jobs change when they remove the feedback or does it still show you worked say 10 jobs, but only received 5 ratings because the contracts were merged?

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
52 of 66

Does the number of jobs change when they remove the feedback or does it still show you worked say 10 jobs, but only received 5 ratings because the contracts were merged?

No, they don't change, I just checked, my profile (under hours worked) is still showing 68 jobs which is correct.

natacharodriguez
Community Guru
Natacha R Member Since: Aug 2, 2010
53 of 66

1st contract - got a raise, had fabulous feedback written. This was my first feedback I had ever received.

2nd contract same client - This was active till recently and he gave me a raise. Now comes the third contract and here is where my feedback disappearred and contract 1 and 2 got merged. They removed the feedback that was with contract 1.

Now that they finally merge it my client added NEW feedback last week. The original feedback that was on contract one has not been put back. It is gone.. poof .. no more.

I see, so one contract did disappear from your profile, just like it happened to me. This is really annoying, the contract that disappeared from my profile is from 2013, lucky that I saved my profile in PDF before this happened, I have attached it to the support ticket.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
54 of 66

What is more annoying is support closing my ticket stating it was a temporary bug and has been fixed.

It has not been fixed. My feedback is still gone. I have copies of the two contracts and now they are showing as one.

Two things bother me here. The feedback is an important part of my portfoloio to attact clients, the second is that the contract showed I had made less money which now it shows how much I  made on the second contract, which is deceptive as I started at a lower rate which would also show a client that I had earned not only excellent feedback but also had been given a raise for my work.

But with the merge of the two it looks like I made more for two years and didn't get a raise till recently and the newest feedback makes it look as if I had not received any feedback before my other client left feedback.

I still want to know why that jobs three contracts had not been merged and feedback had not disappearred but it has on one of mine.

Do they selectively decide which contracts to merge and take the feedback away. Is it because the job title changed? I was still working for the same company, and technically doing the same thing they just wanted to give me the title to show I was doing more then call reviews.

So this mysterious method of merging things that no one has heard of that has been around forever is no where to be found in documentation, but we are just to take it lying down that it has always been this way?

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
55 of 66

You could ask them again, and maybe someone from oDesk may be around again on Monday to answer:

Has it really always been that way?

If so, where on the whole site is there any documentation describing it?

and if it has always been that way, how come there have never been complaints about it until now?

Because I really do think someone made it up in the last couple of weeks. There, i've said it (again). They say they are "working on" (oDesk's favourite two words) updating the help files to make it clearer - well why? -  if it's always been there??

One thing is clear about this site. if you have a genuine question to ask, you have to keep asking it; because it seems a major oDesk tactic with most problems is to let the mods take a bit of flak. but basically say not a lot, until people get bored, and leave the subject in weary resignation (Look at the new display of freelancer payments...about fifty pages railing against it, and not a single change was made...)

suznee
Community Guru
56 of 66

@Stephen B wrote:

You could ask them again, and maybe someone from oDesk may be around again on Monday to answer:

Has it really always been that way?

If so, where on the whole site is there any documentation describing it?

and if it has always been that way, how come there have never been complaints about it until now?

Because I really do think someone made it up in the last couple of weeks. There, i've said it (again). They say they are "working on" (oDesk's favourite two words) updating the help files to make it clearer - well why? -  if it's always been there??

One thing is clear about this site. if you have a genuine question to ask, you have to keep asking it; because it seems a major oDesk tactic with most problems is to let the mods take a bit of flak. but basically say not a lot, until people get bored, and leave the subject in weary resignation (Look at the new display of freelancer payments...about fifty pages railing against it, and not a single change was made...)

I don't think anyone is going to answer because it most likely was not an old way of doing things, and it is a bug and they don't know how to fix it, so easier to say it has always been that way. But it is really frustrating that they are not answering and they don't think it is a big deal the feedback is no longer visible, although they stress the importance of having it in the feedback section.

I would like to know since it is important, and I believe it is and I will repeat myself again, that they are taking away a tool to attract new clients, why is this practice even in play?

Why would you merge contracts, and remove feedback? If you want to merge contracts figure out someway to leave the feedback alone. This should NEVER had been REMOVED! Period.

Please someone answer why you are removing feedback and merging a contract and why there is no where on the site in the two and a half years I have been here that states this is what you do?

I would really like some answers. I am sure others would as well. This is wrong. This should not be happening. 

kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
57 of 66

This really isn't a new thing, the same exact thing happened to someone I know about 18 months ago and to someone else I know about 6 months ago. 

What I don't understand, actually there are multiple things I don't understand.. but I guess the main thing I don't understand is the purpose of the "temporary" feedback. This would make a little sense if the temporary feedback was taken into account, but it isn't. If the last contract goes south, that's the feedback that will be displayed, no matter how many 5 star feedbacks were left on the lower rate contracts previously - and that just doesn't make any sense. The argument that it is recorded on the backend is one I don't believe. I highly doubt oDesk is able to see the previous feedback once contracts are merged or else the oDesk rep wouldn't have insisted that no feedback was left to the OP. Temporary feedback is also not helping the My Stats much because as we were told, My Stats only takes into account the last 12 months, so if the new contract goes sour after 12 month, the freelancer will have nothing to show for, except a crappy star rating and a low Job Success score.

suznee
Community Guru
58 of 66

Krisztina U wrote:

This really isn't a new thing, the same exact thing happened to someone I know about 18 months ago and to someone else I know about 6 months ago. 

Something so drastic should be documented not just for the freelancer, but the client, so they know they may need to leave additional feedback, but MOST IMPORTANT to customer support so they know what to tell the freelancer.
I still want to know why it is not consistent. I have another client with 3 contracts. Why did this not happen with that contract?
Why does customer support not know about this as I was told to do things so we got feedback appropriately by support after the first two contracts.
Lots of unaswered questions.

garnorm
Community Guru
Garnor M Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
59 of 66

Hi Suzanne,
I can confirm we haven't made a change to this process and the functionality for replacing the multiple Feedback ratings with the final Feedback rating has been in place for a while. I'm working with our Support team to clarify this information for future questions we receive (i.e. both in our documented Help articles and for responses sent back from Customer Support agents). It seems the initial response you received, stating this was a bug, was incorrect. 

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
60 of 66

Garnor, I know you and the other mods don't make the rules, but please can you convey to the team how unhappy we are with this policy.

Apart from the fact that there was never any documentation for it, the rule/functionality itself makes no sense and benefits no one.

I'd really appreciate it if you shared with them the feedback that I and numerous other freelancers here have posted in various threads.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS