Did you mean: 

Feedback disappeared - Really upset

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
61 of 66

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Suzanne,
I can confirm we haven't made a change to this process and the functionality for replacing the multiple Feedback ratings with the final Feedback rating has been in place for a while. I'm working with our Support team to clarify this information for future questions we receive (i.e. both in our documented Help articles and for responses sent back from Customer Support agents). It seems the initial response you received, stating this was a bug, was incorrect. 

Garnor,

Can you please explain why I have another client I have had the contract changed and the feedback still is there. I have had 3 contracts with them and it was not merged nor the feedback missing? I assume it is cause the changed my job title?

I also would like if you could please please let the powers that be know that this is not an acceptable practice considering it removes important feedback, which oDesk has emphasised repeatedly how important it is to get good feedback on your profile. And you have removed mine and others telling us it is still there, but why couldn't support see that then?

david_gregory
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
62 of 66

I seem to recall something like this happening to me about two years ago, but they never took away the other job.

I had a client who posted an hourly job but in discussions with her, we decided to do a fixed-price job.

She couldn't figure out how to change the job from hourly to fixed-price so we agreed that I would just manually clock a bunch of hours to get to the 50% upfront payment. I clocked the hours and was paid, but the hourly wage I was hired at was an odd number and made it difficult to clock hours to a certain amount.

For the next payment, we agreed to change my rate to make it easier to clock the hours. When we did this, the job appeared as closed on my profile but was marked as having no feedback. A new contract seemed to start and I manually clocked hours on the new easier rate.

When the job finished, the client left me glowing feedback, and the exact same feeback appeared on both jobs.

I just looked and both jobs (with the exact same feedback, just a different hourly rate) are on my profile.

suznee
Community Guru
Suzanne N Member Since: Aug 15, 2012
63 of 66

Garnor and all

I would like to quote something Garnor posted after this thread

@Garnor M wrote:

Hi Diana,

Keep in mind the Job Success score may not update immediately after you've completed a job. Also, as noted by others, the Job Success metric includes more than just public Feedback. 

To your last question, we do inform clients of the importance of leaving final ratings on completed jobs. We'll continue to encourage them to leave these ratings as they are important to your reputation.

http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Job-Success-An-incomplete-indicator/td-p/64158/page/5

So Garnor, 

You yourself stated in another thread how important it is to your reputation. So could you emphasis this to Management that removing it when jobs are merged is removing important information from a profle and can be detrimental. 

marcuslp
Marcus P Member Since: Sep 2, 2015
64 of 66

Post removed.

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
65 of 66

I can see all 14 jobs you have had and I can see all the feedback that has been given. What is the title of the job where the feedback is no longer visable?

jsutherland
Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
66 of 66

@Marcus P wrote:

Post removed.

I can see all 14 jobs you have had and I can see all the feedback that has been given. What is the title of the job where the feedback is no longer visable?

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS