🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback during an open long term contract
Page options
youssefbahaa
Community Member

Feedback during an open long term contract

Hi, I was wondering if it is possible for a client to give feedback while the contract is still open, I think it most probably won't be closed soon because he sends me work every now and then. So I wanted to know if it is possible to ask him to give me feedback especially because it's been about 2 months since we started the contract. I think this may be better for my profile.

Thanks in advance,

Youssef

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
rverang
Community Member

This is actually possible now, provided the contract meets the criteria mentioned in the article below.

Mid Contract Feedback

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
836408d7
Community Member

A contract has to be ended before you can receive feedback on it.

If you have ongoing work with the client, you could always ask him to create new contracts for each job BUT, this can be a bit of a fuss for the client. That said, some Freelancers will operate in this way exclusively - I'm not one of them, but something to consider.

rverang
Community Member

This is actually possible now, provided the contract meets the criteria mentioned in the article below.

Mid Contract Feedback

836408d7
Community Member

I stand corrected! Thanks for sharing!

Thanks for sharing, but how can I request the feedback? .. should I just ask the client in the chat box, or there is something I should do on my side to enable him to give me a mid-contract feedback?.
Thanks in advance.

Hi Youssef,

As Renante noted, we are releasing mid-contract feedback feature that will allow clients to provide feedback before the contract is closed but once certain eligibility criteria is met. At the moment, not all freelancers will have an option to request mid-contract feedback yet. However, (provided eligibility criteria is met) clients have an option to proactively provide feedback by clicking the “Give Feedback” button in the Feedback tab.

Thank you.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Could you please tell me what is the eligibility criteria that should be met?

Hi Youssef,

A client can choose to proactively provide Mid-Contract Feedback, or a freelancer can request feedback from the client. The contract must meet these criteria:

• 30 days have passed since the contract started
  • There was payment on the contract in the previous 30 days
  • The client has not provided feedback in the last 30 days

You can find more information here.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Remember that this "interim feedback" does not help your metrics, doesn't count towards the Job Success Score and doesn't even show on your profile unless the client clicks on "Jobs in Progress"

florydev
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Remember that this "interim feedback" does not help your metrics, doesn't count towards the Job Success Score and doesn't even show on your profile unless the client clicks on "Jobs in Progress"

I really had a hope this would be useful but it feels like all they did was give people a way to get a performance review like at a job...and just as useful.

Mark F wrote:

Petra R wrote:

I really had a hope this would be useful but it feels like all they did was give people a way to get a performance review like at a job...and just as useful.

Considering that generally clients seem to be a lot less exited about giving or receiving feedback than freelancers are - after all, it does not tank their accounts the same way as it might a freelancer's profile - I wonder how this will work out if they now get pestered mid-contract by impatient freelancers. 

But if it never shows up on a profile, it's pretty pointless, agreed. 

va_ellie
Community Member

Then it's not really a useful function to get jobs.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members