cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback from Client Issue

rbaiswar
Rahul B Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
1 of 16

I have a very important information to share, that needs a serious attention.

Many of my clients are unable to provide me a feedback/review for the job that I did for them.

I always request them twice to do so. Many of my clients do not know how to leave a feedback for a job, that has completed and needs their feedback.

How can Upwork help me to get the due feedback from clients in a timely manner.

Actually, Upwork Rating system is heavily dependent upon the feedback from clients, but they have no way to ensure that Client leaves feedback in time.

Kindly help.

d_lidwell
Community Guru
Dawn L Member Since: Sep 3, 2015
2 of 16

Ask them to close the contract. They will be prompted to leave feedback when they close the contract.

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
3 of 16

As someone who has closed quite  a few contracts myself, it's impossible not to know how to leave feedback. It's the next screen after you click the close button. You'd have to have a single digit IQ not to figure it out. I'm pretty sure my 2 week old niece who poops into her diaper and has no verbal skills can figure it out.

rbaiswar
Rahul B Member Since: Aug 8, 2015
4 of 16

How about if the client closes the project but don't pay a heed to the next page (some new clients might do that), and when a project is closed without giving a feedback, then its a tough job to leave a feedback.

I will however, try again and message all of them to atleast provide me a feedback.

lysis10
Community Guru
5 of 16

You have to leave feedback to close the contract, so if they closed it then they just left you private feedback. I don't leave public feedback myself but I've rated all the clients where I closed the contract.

justyourtype
Community Leader
Sue B Member Since: Jul 26, 2015
6 of 16

" I don't leave public feedback myself but I've rated all the clients where I closed the contract."

Why? As a freelancer, I want the feedback to be seen as it helps attracts clients and secure jobs.

lysis10
Community Guru
7 of 16

I'm a freelancer not a client. 🙂  I don't leave public feedback as a freelancer. If I was a client rating a freelancer, he/she would have to be pretty terrible for me to give anyone less than great feedback since I undrstand its importance here.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 16

@Jennifer M wrote:

I'm a freelancer not a client. 🙂  I don't leave public feedback as a freelancer. If I was a client rating a freelancer, he/she would have to be pretty terrible for me to give anyone less than great feedback since I undrstand its importance here.

You do understand that clients have a kind of JSS as well, and that you potentially hurt clients by not leaving feedback?

I don't understand why anyone, client or freelancer, would not leave feedback after a successfully completed transaction.

All things aside it is common courtesy.

petra_r
Community Guru
9 of 16

It is completely and utterly IMPOSSIBLE for a client to close a contract without leaving feedback. It simply can't be done.

so make sure you are not the one who closes the contract, let the client do it, and you can't NOT get feedback.

petra_r
Community Guru
10 of 16

@Rahul B wrote:

I will however, try again and message all of them to atleast provide me a feedback.

You do know that the ability to leave feedback goes away 2 weeks after a contract was closed?

So: If you were unwise and closed contracts, and it was more than 2 weeks ago, the clients will no longer be able to leave feedback unless you go to the contract and enable the "Enable client to change feedback" option (yes, even though no feedback was left) option.

But you get to do that only once, so make sure the client knows and agrees.

In future, ask clients to close contracts as soon as the work was done so there is less chance of them forgetting. Never ask for feedback, all you have to do is ask for them to close the contract if there is nothing else they need and they're happy.

I think "asking for feedback"comes across as unprofessional and demeaning and desperate, whereas a "It's been a pleasure working with you, and please get in touch if there is anything else I can do. For the time being, if there isn't anything more at the moment, I would appreciate it if you could close the open contract. Thanks again!" does not come across as begging and has the exact same effect as clients can not avoid leaving feedback when they close a contract.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS