talkyasir

Feedback from client is pending

Hello Everyone,

Here I would like to confirm about the feedback process, I have actually completed my first job about 10 to 15 days back and ended contract with the client by giving him feedback.

My first job gone really well and off course first feedback really matters for me, so I was looking for feedback from client but he still not responded nor he comes online I think, so here what are the procedures to follow? How I can make sure about the feedback if he did not respond for long?

Please suggest and thank you in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
carlosbstatu

Hi Yasir.

For future jobs, I recommend you to let the employer close the contract once completed, that way they MUST leave feedback for you.

If you were the one closing the contract, then feedback is optional (for what I know, they are given 14 days to do so)

If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired.

If the 14-day feedback period expires before the employer is able to add comments, they can contact you and ask you to allow the employer to add feedback late. The employer will be notified once the option to leave feedback is available.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
carlosbstatu

Hi Yasir.

For future jobs, I recommend you to let the employer close the contract once completed, that way they MUST leave feedback for you.

If you were the one closing the contract, then feedback is optional (for what I know, they are given 14 days to do so)

If only one party leaves feedback, it will be posted after the 14-day period has expired.

If the 14-day feedback period expires before the employer is able to add comments, they can contact you and ask you to allow the employer to add feedback late. The employer will be notified once the option to leave feedback is available.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for replying on the post.

I actually did the same, close contract once everthing is completed but after that I never hear back from client, so eventually my feedback is pending on him.

What if he did not reply in 14 days? 

Regards

I just edited my reply with more information.

Either way, you can check this link

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211062188-Give-Feedback-to-Freelancers

vladag
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Yasir,

If 14 days pass and your client doesn't leave their feedback, a "No feedback given" note will be included on the contract tile on your profile. Going forward, when delivering final work make sure to ask your client to close the contract if they don't have more tasks for you.

Untitled

Carlos,

Thank you, it really help me to understand the procedure.

Regards