cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback is History, Job Success is the Primary filter (now live for clients) ........

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Kamal S Member Since: Mar 24, 2015
21 of 25

There are no options to filter by the feedback neither could I see the  agregated feedback score, only the Job success % both in the contractor profile and in the search page.

Can you confirm that 10% drop in JS while 0.03 point increase in feedback score over the last week that I wittnessed are not due to some wrinkle in the algo?

You can see the tickets history and check that have identified many quirks and bugs affecting my profile in the past tooo. Currently there are some permission related issues affecting and I think I just noticed another one.

The stats page is showing a feedback score of 4.95 while the  profile page is showing  4.94 

PS: 
Many people here love to know what sort of effect does closing non responsive client contracts have on the job success score. Are the % of longterm clients and  % of cleints who would reconed you have any efect on job success. Does % of clients who would recomend you and the responsiveness take the weight  of the $ amount?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Reynaldo M Member Since: Aug 4, 2012
22 of 25

Garnor,

If this are in the test phase still, it would be prudent to drop it all together.  

Honestly sir, having that the filter what would you choose? or any client for that matter? Logically how many in 10 would choose anything below 90% success rating?

How can freelancer with great feedback and rating but has 80% lower job success rating protect themselves, much less try to improve themselves in future projects if they won't even be seen. And if they do bid to projects, would you think they be prioritized? much less client study or look at thier profile in full?

Highlighted
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
23 of 25

Krisztina wrote earlier,

On the question "would you recommend this freelancer to a colleague" I seldom chose 10. I usually chose a 7 or 8. Does this mean it penalizes the freelancers?

Garnor later confirmed that was the case. I just wanted to say that you shouldn't feel bad about that because the question could be interpreted in more than 1 way. The oDesk interpretation of the question must be something like 'If a colleague needed a freelancer to do a job similar to the one just completed, how likely is it that you would recommend this freelancer?"

There's a corresponding 1-10 question for freelancers, and I can't remember when I didn't give a 10 score. I suppose if the question had been phrased "On a scale of 1 to 10, how satisfied are you with the freelancer's performance", you might have chosen higher scores. I also wonder if oDesk surveyed a sampling of clients to find out what they understood by that question before incorporating it in the Job Success scoring algorithm.

Maria C Member Since: Feb 3, 2015
24 of 25

I wrote this in the Announcements forum but I think is important enough to repeat it in the hope that will be properly addressed by oDesk:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The reason why I am asking how the system works is because I am assuming (assumptioms come naturally whenever the information oDesk provide is not clear nor transparent) that if a client rates me with a 9 my Job Success decreases.

So, what we have here is only one option (10) that increases job success and nine options (1-9) that decrease it. Let's say that a client thinks he is giving a freelancer a perfectly good recommendation selecting a 9. What he is actually doing is harming the freelancer. So my suggestion in this case would be:

Private Score:

10-9: Increases Job Success
7-8: Maintain the same Job Success
6 or Below: decreases Job Success

What is the point of having a SCALE to value client's satisfaction if only ONE option represents satisfaction and NINE represent dissatisfaction? (At least regarding Job Success Score)

Again, I am only assuming because I have not read a proper explanation clarifying this issue.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlighted
Sujata P Member Since: Mar 22, 2015
25 of 25

On the one side odesk expect customer to refund the whole amount to client  if work is not expected as client want on the other hand it will demote the contractor job sucess. So nobody is going to refund money back to the client whether work is expected or not. because it demote the job sucess.

So what odesk want.

odesk implement so many feature without informing freelancers. They should firstly inform to all of the freelancer and then start calculating their performance from that period of time.

initially nobody knows that factors which results low job success score. 

Many of the freelancer moving to other platform. Also I am planing to move to other platform if odesk will not fix these problem soon because odesk system have infinite number of loop holes.

God' knows whether they don't have brain to implement such type of system. or anything else is the reason.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS