🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback not showing and rating not altered
Page options
missceliaj
Community Member

Feedback not showing and rating not altered

I had over a dozen open contracts recently and wanted to end contracts for those clients who had been inactive for a few months.

I clicked 'end contract' and provided feedback/rating to my clients. However, on my profile, there is no feedback left and my Job Sucess Score hasn't changed. I know for certain that at least one of these clients has left me both a rating and written feedback, but this isn't appearing. For some reason, since closing these contracts my JSS has actually dropped, even though no rating was provided.

Is it because it's too soon? (2 contracts closed in the last few days, 1 today)

Or is it because I ended the contract myself rather than waiting for the client to do it?

Previously, my JSS is usually 98%-100% and has now dropped to just 90%. I'm worried about losing my Top Freelancer Status. Can anyone tell me why the feedback/ratings aren't appearing?

Many thanks,

Celia

1 REPLY 1
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Whoever closes a contract (client or FL) is required to leave fb for the other party. The other party is then notified of the closure and invited to leave feedback. Once both have left fb, then each can see the other's and it all become visible in the job history (except the client's private fb, of course). If the second party does not leave fb, after 14 days the closing party's fb becomes visible. So, for the ones you close yourself, you have to hope the clients respond to the invitation to leave feedback, and wait up to 14 days to see if they did. If they didn't, there's nothing you can do about it.

There is probably a bit of a lag for it to become visible, but I don't know what it is.

I'm afraid you are going to learn something important: avoid closing contracts yourself whenever possible, because the client might not bother to leave feedback. If money changed hands, it doesn't hurt to let a contract sit idle indefinitely, as long as you don't have a lot of them. It makes sense to tidy up from time to time BUT close idle contracts one at a time, to avoid the risk of several "no feedback" contracts hitting you at once. That can be worse than a bunch of open, idle ones.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members