🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Feedback on Connects Feature
Page options
99mohsin
Community Member

Feedback on Connects Feature

Quick suggestions for the product team, if the number of interviewing candidates on job post is greater than 0 then the connects required to submit a proposal to that particular job should be 2. I am sure that most of the freelancers (including me) won't apply to such jobs where client is already interviewing and the job requires 6 connects to submit a proposal.

Also, add some flagging option for the jobs where the client says in the description that a quick fix is required but the job still requires 6 connects (this is because client has selected wrong parameters while creating the job post i-e wrong duration/timeline for the job or a placeholder budget for-example $500000). This way upwork connects team is able to review such flagged cases and take appropriate actions.

4 REPLIES 4
martina_plaschka
Community Member

Mohsin Z wrote:

Quick suggestions for the product team, if the number of interviewing candidates on job post is greater than 0 then the connects required to submit a proposal to that particular job should be 2. I am sure that most of the freelancers (including me) won't apply to such jobs where client is already interviewing and the job requires 6 connects to submit a proposal.

Also, add some flagging option for the jobs where the client says in the description that a quick fix is required but the job still requires 6 connects (this is because client has selected wrong parameters while creating the job post i-e wrong duration/timeline for the job or a placeholder budget for-example $500000). This way upwork connects team is able to review such flagged cases and take appropriate actions.

I don't get it. When the client interviews somebody, the connects for this job should change to 2, if they have been 4 or 6 before, but you wouldn't apply anyway?

What I meant here was if I see a job post which is posted 10 minutes ago and the stats say Interviewing: 1 and the job requires 6 connects to submit a proposal, the chances to win such projects are slim (based on my personal experience). I am now reluctant to apply on such job posts even I am a great fit as I am in doubt if upwork still recommend freelancer profile to the client if they are interviewing someone else in such a short time. I am proposing a simple logic here if the client initiates a process in such a short time, either stop accepting more proposal or reduced the number of connects. 

There is one more thing to notify, sometime client initiates hiring process on a job and freelancers are still submitting proposals as the stats still shows Hire:0 and it got updated in a day or so. I think its best if we get instant updates on all such activities.

Mohsin Z wrote:

What I meant here was if I see a job post which is posted 10 minutes ago and the stats say Interviewing: 1 and the job requires 6 connects to submit a proposal, the chances to win such projects are slim (based on my personal experience). I am now reluctant to apply on such job posts even I am a great fit as I am in doubt if upwork still recommend freelancer profile to the client if they are interviewing someone else in such a short time. I am proposing a simple logic here if the client initiates a process in such a short time, either stop accepting more proposal or reduced the number of connects. 

I think the piece you're missing here is that Upwork WANTS you to be reluctant to apply. They don't want to make it cheaper so you're more likely to apply. They want you to have just the kind of hesitation you're expressing here, and to frequently err on the side of NOT bidding.

versailles
Community Member

Mohsin Z wrote:

Quick suggestions for the product team, if the number of interviewing candidates on job post is greater than 0 then the connects required to submit a proposal to that particular job should be 2.

Moderators explained that the number of connects needed may vary according to how much proposals a job receives, or maybe according to the time it sits there without getting proposals. So I guess there is something going on that we don't know.

Actually, according to this logic, more proposals a job post receives, more expensive it would be, which kinda makes sense since paid connects are here to reduce the number of proposals.

But the basis on which the number of connects is decided is eminently perfectible. That's for sure.

-----------
"Where darkness shines like dazzling light"   —William Ashbless
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths