🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback on paused/cancelled/closed contracts...
Page options
b0ad48f4
Community Member

Feedback on paused/cancelled/closed contracts with no payment performed

Hi all,

I wanted to know if freelancers can give private feedback to clients, in cases where there have been no hours billed and the client has already paused/cancelled/closed the contract.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8
yeshel10
Community Member

No, you can't give private feedback to clients. Only they have the choice to do so.

petra_r
Community Member

Yeshel A wrote:

No, you can't give private feedback to clients. Only they have the choice to do so.

Wrong! Both parties leave public and private feedback.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ornela,

When a contract is closed both clients and freelancers are able to provide each other private and public feedback. I checked your account and would like to clarify that you were not hired on an official contract. To learn more about how to become eligible for our payment protection check out this Help Article. To learn more about getting started on Upwork and how to protect yourself, check out our resources Here. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you Goran,

Indeed, my question related to this topic was general. 
From what I have been reading, the below is applicable in cases when the contract is closed/paused/cancelled and a minimum payment of $1 has been performed. Can the parties (i.e. freelancer) leave publick and private feedback on an hourly contract even if there have been no hours billed and and no payment received as a result?

petra_r
Community Member

Ornela S wrote:

Can the parties (i.e. freelancer) leave publick and private feedback on an hourly contract even if there have been no hours billed and and no payment received as a result?

only private feedback

b0ad48f4
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Ornela S wrote:

Can the parties (i.e. freelancer) leave publick and private feedback on an hourly contract even if there have been no hours billed and and no payment received as a result?

only private feedback

Thanks Petra,
Further to this, is there any way the freelancer can see or be informed if the client has already provided private feedback in the above case? Would the freelancer be able to see the private feedback or receive any notification in the moment it is provided?  

petra_r
Community Member

Ornela S wrote:

Thanks Petra,
Further to this, is there any way the freelancer can see or be informed if the client has already provided private feedback in the above case? Would the freelancer be able to see the private feedback or receive any notification in the moment it is provided?  

If the client ended the contract, the precise moment of the feedback being left is immediately before ending the contract, as it is part of the "contract-closing" process.

No, you can't see specific private feedback, but once you have enough completed contracts, you can see the overall private feedback percentage on your My Stats page.

Why are you asking?

b0ad48f4
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Ornela S wrote:

Thanks Petra,

If the client ended the contract, the precise moment of the feedback being left is immediately before ending the contract, as it is part of the "contract-closing" process.

No, you can't see specific private feedback, but once you have enough completed contracts, you can see the overall private feedback percentage on your My Stats page.

Why are you asking?

Thanks a lot again Petra!
Just wanted to have a better understanding on how everything works here in Upwork 🙂

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members