Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback on profile?

Highlighted
Ricardo E Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
1 of 4

Greetings,

I'm coming back to Upwork after not looking at the platform for a while. I haven't found any clients here yet but I've been reading the good advice people have dropped in other threads about how to write proposals. Writing is not my strongest skillset so it helps to know what clients expect. 

Anyway, I'm wondering if anyone can look at my profile and critique it?  Also let me know if I've posted this request in the wrong place or if there's a more appropriate thread for this sort of thing. Thanks

Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
2 of 4

Ricardo, I have no expertise in either video or photography, but your profile looks great to me. The only thing I *might* suggest is include a youtube video, rather than vimeo, in your portfolio, if it can be clicked and played inline rather than opening a new tab with a leaving Upwork button that gets you to the vimeo site. Or you could add a profile video in addition to those in the portfolio. 

3 of 4

ah, interesting suggestion. Most of my stuff is on Vimeo now but I have been considering getting a Youtube channel going as well. Thank you. 

Ricardo E Member Since: Oct 2, 2018
4 of 4

So I switched out my links w/ Youtube links and it seems to have the same behaviour. Leaving Upwork and going to a new tab. I wonder why they wouldn't want to keep people in the system? 

Aslo, I changed my Profile information based on advice I got from another forum. Now I'm thinking about making a profile video, I guess that can't hurt the situation any... 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS