🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback removal or hide client's feedback
Page options
hephep07
Community Member

Feedback removal or hide client's feedback

Hello.

I desperately need any help right now. Can I request a feedback removal even if I am not a top-rated freelancer?

I recently got my first client on this platform, which ended badly. I was hired to do an SEO on his website, and we both agreed that I must do a website audit first to determine the errors and SEO strategies that are applied on his website since he said that he hired freelancers in the past 6 months and his website still got no traffic. He also said that he would need my report so he could use it to file a dispute against his previous freelancers.

After I thoroughly checked his website and submitted the audit report, he did not accept it. He claimed that reputable companies reviewed his website in the past, and such errors are false and non-existent on his website. I tried to explain it to him calmly as I tried my best to keep him and the job since it was my first contract on this platform. I mean, I just submitted the report, and he could literally see what was wrong with the website. After that, he ended the contract and accused me of changing his WordPress log-in credentials. He then left 1-star feedback with a negative comment about how I changed his WordPress password.

Since he is my first client and it was my 1st feedback, I believe this would really hurt my chances of securing future contracts. Can I request to remove that feedback from my profile even if I don't have a top-rated badge? I really think this is so unfair. This client just cost me what's supposed to be my livelihood. It's so unfair to suffer such consequences when all I did was honest work. I am currently having a hard-time securing contract as it is due to being new on this platform and with strong competition. How much more with a lone 1-star feedback? I know I am ranting right now, and it might sound annoying, but this is so unfair.
3 REPLIES 3
AndreaG

Hi Ephraim,

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with this client. Please know that the feedback removal perk is only available to Top Rated freelancers, so we would be unable to provide this perk to you. For more help with finding work, you’ll find a list of essential resources here

Below there are a few Upwork Academy courses to help you:

Additionally, feel free to sign up for upcoming events and webinars to learn more about how you can boost your success on Upwork.
We hope you find these online resources useful in your Upwork journey.
~Andrea
Upwork
hephep07
Community Member

Hello. Thanks for the reply.

So does that mean I have to carry on with a profile that has a lone 1-star feedback? I mean I would get it if a client has left a feedback based on my poor performance at work. But that feedback was based on false accusations. How can I even get a proper contract this time when I only have 1 feedback, and it is only 1 star? Not to mentioned the negtive feedback that he wrote. If I was the client, I wouldn't hire me if i see feebacks like these.

Cases like this can be so unfair. I just hope there can be something that can undo actions like these when a client has left a negative review out of frustrations from previous experiences rather than being rational

rverang
Community Member

Ephraim U wrote:

Hello. Thanks for the reply.

So does that mean I have to carry on with a profile that has a lone 1-star feedback? I mean I would get it if a client has left a feedback based on my poor performance at work. But that feedback was based on false accusations. How can I even get a proper contract this time when I only have 1 feedback, and it is only 1 star? Not to mentioned the negtive feedback that he wrote. If I was the client, I wouldn't hire me if i see feebacks like these.

Cases like this can be so unfair. I just hope there can be something that can undo actions like these when a client has left a negative review out of frustrations from previous experiences rather than being rational

The only other way for that feedback to be removed is by refunding the whole amount to the client (yeah, not ideal).

But note that this project will still count towards your JSS, once you get it.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths