cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback removal

Amit S Member Since: Jun 16, 2015
1 of 12

Hello everyone,

While reading the "Top rated perk article", I have found that  to remove the feedback removal for a contract 

I have to specify "JSS only" or "hide from profile and JSS"

But while clicking on the link "What is the difference" it says:

1. JSS only

2. Hide on profile

So, now my confusion is that on the top of the article it says "Hide from Profile and JSS" but on the bottom of the page it says Hide on Profile. Here the word JSS has not been used. 

I am a top rated freelancer with the JSS of 97% and today I had some bad feedback on one of my contracts. I am sure that the JSS will drop next time if I will not use this perk.

I want to remove everything from this contract, which means the comments, feedback (public & private both). So, I just want to confirm that if I use "Hide on profile" option then will it only remove the comments and feedback or will it also help me to stay on the current JSS. 

Waiting for the responses.

Thanks in advance

Community Guru
Will L Member Since: Jul 9, 2015
2 of 12

Be sure to get that bogus feedback removed before your next bi-weekly JSS calculation.

My JSS recently dropped from 96 to 89 solely due to the very negative private feedback from one particular client. The same client gave me a five-star public rating, but was apparently completely negative across the board in his private feedback due to my unwillingness to perform free work for him.

This private feedback was left some time during the day or two before Sunday, October 8th, when my bi-weekly JSS re-calculation took place. It was on that day that I discovered my JSS had plunged from 96 to 89 solely as a result of this unjustifiably negative feedback from this single client. As a Top-Rated freelancer I immediately asked Upwork Support to delete this clown’s feedback, which they did within 24 hours of my request. (Kudos, Upwork!)

Unfortunately, that JSS of 89 remained on my public profile for the next two weeks, when my JSS was again re-calculated and went back to 96. (It is now 98.) The 12 months ending October 8th I had had 37 different Upwork projects completed, which makes it all the more obvious that the JSS’s calculation is so delicate that it can be severely adversely affected by a single recent poor (and unjustified) private rating by an unreasonable clown of a client.

Now I find that my stats page says I have been “Top Rated Eligible” for only the past 14 of 16 weeks, despite the fact this client’s bogus private feedback has been “deleted” from calculation of my JSS.

Upwork Support tells me they can’t fix this, returning my “Top Rated Eligible” weeks to 16 out of 16 weeks, as it should be.

When anyone tells me they have no control over the very system they own and have designed it is always a real head scratcher. So who DOES have control over this opaque black box calculation for such a supposedly extremely important “rating” system?

3 of 12

Hi Will & Petra

Thanks for the reply but my question is still not clear. I just wanted to confirm that while sending the email to the feedback removal team what should I specify? I mean should I write "JSS only" or "Hide on profile" as I want to remove everything from my profile for the contract, but is it going to help me stay on the current JSS score if I will use "Hide on profile" option.

Thanks

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
4 of 12

Hi Amit,

Both options will remove the contract from JSS calculation. If you'd like this feedback removed from both JSS calculation AND your profile, please specify "Hide on Profile."

~ Valeria
Untitled
Community Guru
Melissa T Member Since: Dec 5, 2014
5 of 12

Valeria, out of curiosity I read the OP's response to the feedback and it was, indeed, very lengthy and problematic. What's also problematic is that the client was able to call his work **edited for Community Guidelines** in her feedback. If I wrote that here in the Community it would be edited, but a client wrote that in published, public feedback. Whether or not the OP's work was actually excrement-like it seems like bad policy for clients to use coarse language in feedback. I'm a huge fan of coarse language, a connoisseur you might say, but here? Nah. Uncool. 

Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 12

Thanks for flagging this, Melissa. I have forwarded this to the team so that they can review and take actions if necessary. 

-Avery

Untitled
7 of 12

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the perfect reply.

Regards,

Amit Sharma

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 12

Amit S wroteSmiley Surprised, I just want to confirm that if I use "Hide on profile" option then will it only remove the comments and feedback or will it also help me to stay on the current JSS. 

Thanks in advance

Choose "Hide on profile" which will remove the impact on your JSS and replace the public feedback with "This feedback has been removed"

Unfortunately your long ranting response to the feedback will stay.

The only way you can make the whole damaging mess vanish is with a full refund along with the feedback removal perk. It is also too late for this cycle, it is unlikely that it will be done before the new calculation.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
"Stay away from negative people. They have a problem for every solution." —Albert Einstein
Community Guru
Jennifer D Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
9 of 12

Petra R wrote:

Amit S wroteSmiley Surprised, I just want to confirm that if I use "Hide on profile" option then will it only remove the comments and feedback or will it also help me to stay on the current JSS. 

Thanks in advance

Choose "Hide on profile" which will remove the impact on your JSS and replace the public feedback with "This feedback has been removed"

Unfortunately your long ranting response to the feedback will stay.

The only way you can make the whole damaging mess vanish is with a full refund along with the feedback removal perk. It is also too late for this cycle, it is unlikely that it will be done before the new calculation.

Interesting that the feedback response will stay. Can a freelancer edit their response?

Amit, that extremely long and unprofessional response is going to do far more damage to you than you realise. There's no way I would hire a freelancer with a feedback response like that. I would assume you are more trouble than you're worth and just skip straight past you.

10 of 12

Hi Jennifer,

You are right, but I had no other option to describe everything with facts. By the way, I read that the response will show on the client's profile. Is it correct? 

Thanks

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS