🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Feedback to bad review
Page options
katharinawsm
Community Member

Feedback to bad review

Hey!

I just got my first bad feedback 😞 A 3 star review without any text. I was wondering if I should leave a response? Or do you think it is better to just not reply? I already left a bad review with explanation to the client. 

I was thinking, if I answer, it could look like this:

I demonstrated my good knowledge of Influencer Marketing to the client in several ways, before and after starting the contract. The client got upset because I accumulated 3 extra hours of extra tasks that she gave me and said, that I am too expensive for her anyway. She then realized that it would be cheaper to let her own customer service employee do my tasks, after I set up all the workflow, explained her all the process and shared my Excels, E-mails, Briefing and Influencer Database with her (which took me years of experience to optimize). However, I wish the client well.

I appreciate any advice 🙂 

5 REPLIES 5
dataextract
Community Member

You've already left a very bad feedback to the client with 1* isntit?

a_lipsey
Community Member

No, do not leave a response. Just let it be. Responses do more harm than good usually.
wlyonsatl
Community Member

Katharina,

There is nothing wrong with leaving feedback that won't put off potential future clients if you feel a client's feedback was inaccurate. Just be very brief and factually-correct in your response without being defensive.

For example, you're better off saying "the client gave consistently incomplete instructions" or "the scope of the work was more than initially agreed" rather than "the client is very difficult to work with" or "I couldn't understand what the client wanted me to do."

Freelancers shouldn't be afraid to stand up for themselves in the face of unwarranted criticism. Write your reply, then wait a couple of days. Review it for brevity, clarity and accuracy before you post it. 

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Katharina S wrote:

Hey!

I just got my first bad feedback 😞 A 3 star review without any text. I was wondering if I should leave a response? Or do you think it is better to just not reply? I already left a bad review with explanation to the client. 

I was thinking, if I answer, it could look like this:

I demonstrated my good knowledge of Influencer Marketing to the client in several ways, before and after starting the contract. The client got upset because I accumulated 3 extra hours of extra tasks that she gave me and said, that I am too expensive for her anyway. She then realized that it would be cheaper to let her own customer service employee do my tasks, after I set up all the workflow, explained her all the process and shared my Excels, E-mails, Briefing and Influencer Database with her (which took me years of experience to optimize). However, I wish the client well.

I appreciate any advice 🙂 

There is nothing more to add to what you already said in your feedback to him (I hope....) Think about the appearance of your profile. You want your list of jobs to look nice and uncluttered, giving a potential client a quick look at your previous great feedback. You don't want to clutter it with unneccessary responses, which in the most cases look small and petty anyway. This is one of the situations where you hold your head up high, and move on. 

Do not leave a response.

And don't worry so much about one job with lower star average feedback which has no written feedback.

You have used the Internet. Clients have used the Internet. Not every movie, restaurant or hotel has perfect scores. That doesn't mean you won't go.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths