Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback to clients - Responding to this feedback

Highlighted
Shannon O Member Since: Dec 6, 2014
1 of 7

Just a quick question

When I left feedback on a job I just completed I did it super quickly and only filled out the stars part of the feedback and submitted it.

Now the client has left some nice feedback on my profile and I would love to add a written response on the feedback I left them but I'm not sure if I click on the responding to this feedback is where I am supposed to add it. 

If there is a way for me to add feedback please let me know.

Highlighted
Community Leader
André U Member Since: Dec 5, 2013
2 of 7

Hi Shannon,

Changing the feedback is only possible if the other person (in this case your client) clicks on "allow contractor to change feedback". This function should exist somewhere...I only know it from the other side (allowing the client to change it).

Best,

André

Highlighted
Community Guru
Dianne M Member Since: Jul 25, 2013
BEST ANSWER
3 of 7

Shannon, here's the info:

adapted and copy pasted from here

To change the feedback you left for your client, you must contact your client and ask them to use the Enable to Change Feedback link. The same goes for your client—if they want to change the feedback they left for you, they must contact you.

Once feedback revision is enabled, you will receive a notification to let you know you can go in and make the change. You will have 14 days to make the change.

Changes can only be enabled on a contract once, so be sure to act promptly.

Enabling feedback changes allows your client to raise or lower your score, as well as change their comments.

Due to the double-blind feedback system, the option to enable changes will not be available until after they have left feedback for you, or until the 14-day feedback period closes, whichever comes first.

To do the above folow the steps below:

Click the My Jobs tab, and then select Contracts.

Select the Ended Contracts check box.

In the Feedback pane, click the Enable client'enable freelancer to change feedback link.

Please bear in mind that you cannot reverse this action.

❄❄❄ Just A Forum Contributor --- This isn't against forum guidelines ❄❄❄

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Community Guru
David G Member Since: Oct 6, 2011
4 of 7

I don't think Shannon wants to change feedback, she wants to respond to the feedback that was left to her.

There's supposed to be a button somewhere so that you can do this but I have no idea where it is. I would imagine that the "respond to feedback" button Shannon saw is the right place to do that but then again, this is oDesk so who really knows.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Gillian Michele N Member Since: Mar 15, 2012
5 of 7

Hi Shannon,

I've responded to a client's review before.

Go to 'my jobs'.

Click the relevant contract.

There should be a 'respond' option.

https://support.odesk.com/entries/23135043-Can-I-dispute-or-remove-bad-feedback-

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Bea Patricia M Member Since: Dec 23, 2015
6 of 7

HELP! I wanted to change my RESPONSE to a client's feedback, but I can't! How do I do it????

Highlighted
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 7

Hi Bea Patricia,

You can only reply to feedback once and once posted it can't be edited. Please, check this article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS