🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Feedback updated by client
Page options
gsmehra61
Community Member

Feedback updated by client

Hi team,

My client gave me 3.35* while ending contract. That effect my JSS and it dropped to 82 from 100.

Now he updated his feedback to 4.55* with same review.

Will it increase my JSS again?

Total= 9 Jobs.
7 jobs - 5* review
1 job - 4.55* (updated)
1 job - 4.60* (only ratings no feedback).

Also, do I need to ask another client who just gave me ratings to update her review with some words in review?

Thanks all..
ACCEPTED SOLUTION

re: "Will it increase my JSS again?"

Probably not.

Public star average feedback is not a major factor in calculating JSS. And you are talking about a small change in a single score.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "do I need to ask another client who just gave me ratings to update her review with some words in review?"

Written feedback doesn't matter for JSS.

re: "Will it increase my JSS again?"

Probably not.

Public star average feedback is not a major factor in calculating JSS. And you are talking about a small change in a single score.

Then why It is dropped from 100 to 82???
How is upwork calculate this if this doesn't work like you said?

I have one job in progress on which I didn't work from a month. Is that a reason for this drop?
dzadza
Community Member

what is your "clients who would recommend you" percentage on stats page?

that's private feedback - it can't be changed and it heavily impacts your JSS
gsmehra61
Community Member

It's 88% (Clients Recommendation)
gsmehra61
Community Member

Is there any way to find private feedback? As currently there is no private feedback appearing on my profile.
I completed only 9 Jobs and don't know why this is happen even all are happy with my work quality. **bleep** it

Gagandeep S wrote:
Is there any way to find private feedback? As currently there is no private feedback appearing on my profile.
I completed only 9 Jobs and don't know why this is happen even all are happy with my work quality. **bleep** it

You can't look at your private feedback (that's what "private" means), and anyway, there's no mystery here. Two of your nine clients weren't happy with your work - that's obvious from your public feedback. The good news is that one of the poor outcomes was from a $25 contract, so it won't count as much as the larger contracts. You should be able to bring your JSS back up again with another job or two.

jared_k
Community Member

You probably should just let everthing go. Put yourself in the position of the client for a moment: how would you react to a former freelancer bugging you to change feedback? They may change a few things to get you off their back, but it won't affect the private feedback, which is what really counts towards your JSS.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths