cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback when refunding

cuongthai
Cuong T Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
1 of 7

"the occurrence of refunds" is not always bad. I refunded in one project, it looks like I worked free for client. Because after set up for him new server (current his server was garbage), I tested his web page, it had more issues than he described, I suggested to refund and quit from his project. The client is also technical guy. He doesn't have experience about XMPP so he hired me, but I don't want to work with unhonest guy.

(Technical detail: He said that he needs integrate XMPP chat client into his web site. Acctually his XMPP server was buggy, after set up the new one, I found that there were many issues with his web client. I refunded, it means I worked free for him when deploying new XMPP server.)
Please allow us give feedback each other even freelancer made refund!

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
2 of 7

If it was your client who asked for a refund, then you have that option to give feedback.

petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

If it was your client who asked for a refund, then you have that option to give feedback.

Complete nonsense!!!

If nothing was paid, NO public feedback shows at all, but private feedback can be left by BOTH sides.

If feedback was left already before the refund, that feedback will vanish from both profiles, private feedback continues to play into the JSS.

It is COMPLETELY irrelevant whether the client asked for a refund or the freelancer volunteered it.

No money - no public feedback

Whoever ends the contract HAS to leave feedback (private if no money changed hands, plus public, if money changed hands)

The person who was not the one ending the contract CAN leave feedback, but does not have to.

juvy_ann-palma
Community Guru
Juvy Ann P Member Since: Oct 29, 2015
4 of 7

@Petra R wrote:

@Juvy Ann P wrote:

Complete nonsense!!!

If nothing was paid, NO public feedback shows at all, but private feedback can be left by BOTH sides.

If feedback was left already before the refund, that feedback will vanish from both profiles, private feedback continues to play into the JSS.

It is COMPLETELY irrelevant whether the client asked for a refund or the freelancer volunteered it.

No money - no public feedback

Whoever ends the contract HAS to leave feedback (private if no money changed hands, plus public, if money changed hands)

The person who was not the one ending the contract CAN leave feedback, but does not have to.

I based it on my experience.  I agree with you.  Refunds are not altogether "bad".  Why is your time zone not reflected in your reply?  I know this might be irrelevant but I can see that you replied to me yesterday when it was only a few minutes ago. 

petra_r
Community Guru
5 of 7

@Juvy Ann P wrote:
1) Why is your time zone not reflected in your reply?
2) I know this might be irrelevant but
3) I can see that you replied to me yesterday when it was only a few minutes ago. 

1) NOBODY'S "time zone" is reflected in their reply

2) It is

3) The forum works on PST - so I responded before midnight PST, hence it looks like I responded yesterday, because in PST, I did.

cuongthai
Cuong T Member Since: Oct 23, 2015
6 of 7

I need both side give feedback, because Upwork consider that refund is bad. My success job has decreased from 100% to 89%. I don't know why. I think all my projects are fine, I have only 1 project that I gave refund.

petra_r
Community Guru
7 of 7

Who ended the contract?

PUBLIC feedback CAN NOT be left on a contract where no money changed hands.

Upworkd do NOT consider "refunds" as bad, they consider contracts that were unsuccessful as bad.

Instead of having worked for free you could have done a partial refund and let the client pay you for the time you spent sorting out some of his issues. Then the client could have closed the contract with the appropriate private and public feedback.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS