🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Feedback
Page options
lyn-ndife
Community Member

Feedback

Hi Upwork community

I have a question.

A client with whom I had an active contract since last year (july) just ended a contract. 

I want to know if their feedback would affect my JSS.

Thank you.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Joelyn N wrote: I want to know if their feedback would affect my JSS.

Yes, of course, but you won't see the effect until the next time it is updated.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
d_samuel_udokpok
Community Member

But the client in question gave you good public feedback. Contracts with earnings affect JSS. But contracts with higher earnings have a bigger impact on JSS than those with smaller earnings

gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Yes, the contract will be incorporated into your next JSS update. It is unlikely to have much impact, one way or the other since it is relatively small (contracts are weighted by dollar value in the calculation) and you have a solid job history and your JSS is 100. 

petra_r
Community Member

Joelyn N wrote: I want to know if their feedback would affect my JSS.

Yes, of course, but you won't see the effect until the next time it is updated.

82011d5e
Community Member

Suggestion
I have made a formula for your platform, which will definitely kick out your freelance market at the top. I know that now a days Upwork is also leading all other freelance market places but this formula will definitely work out for your freelance market place in best way. Details are given below.
a. New client must be bound to hire new freelancers for his initial 5 jobs.
b. Newbies will also be bound to work out with new clients for their initial 5 jobs.
c. Newbies will be bound to pay 20% concession to new client for initial 5 jobs.
d. If a project worth is 10$ then client will pay only 6 dollar to newbie after getting newbie concession 20% and paying Upwork charges 20%.
e. After completion of 5 jobs both client and newbie will be free till next 4 orders 5th order will be made by client again with newbie and old freelancer will also be bound to work with new client, fee charges will be same 20% Upwork Charges and Concession 20%.
f. A test should be launched against every nich so client be relaxed to choose any newbie.
Hope these type of changes will be successful in short term and will be implemented very soon to make Upwork strongest freelance market place in the World.
Thank You
Ghulam Murtaza

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Your suggestion is centered around your needs. Your needs and upwork's goals don't align. 

Forcing clients to hire unproved people? A client who is looking for a quality freelancer, with lots of experience and a great work history, found him/her, and then is not allowed to hire that person?

Sure. 

(Edit: I don't believe paying kick-backs to clients is even legal. Or allowed on upwork.)

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths