🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback
Page options
kathyleegifford
Community Member

Feedback

So little confused about feedback. Just worked with a great client, would like to leave them some positive feedback (and hopefully have them do the same for me), but it looks like I can only leave feedback if the contract is closed. I'm not sure I want to close the contract since this may turn into repeat business, is there a way around that? Or, should I end the contract and leave the feedback? And if I am ending the contract should I let them know what I'm doing before I do it?

Thanks!

3 REPLIES 3
gilbert-phyllis
Community Member

Congratulations on a successful early outing! 

Either party--client or FL--can close a contract and is required to leave fb as part of the process. The other party is then notified the contract has been closed and is invited (but not required) to leave fb and they have 14 days to do it. Neither party can see the other's fb until both have left fb or 14 days elapse, whichever comes first. 

It's considered bad form to mention fb to clients and it certainly is good form to let them handle contracts as they find most convenient -- leave one open and add a milestone when needed, or close and open a new one when they're ready. At the same time, as a new UW FL you want to accumulate closed contracts with great fb so you can establish a JSS. You can close a contract but the client might not get around to leaving fb, even if they were really happy. Better to get them to c lose it, if you can. Many of us consider the best way to thread that needle is to send the client one message saying if they don't need anything else, they can close the contract and re-hire you with one click when need arises. A breezy, crossing-all-the-Ts, housekeeping kind of note.

kathyleegifford
Community Member

Phyllis, thanks for the quick reply. One more question. Once the contract is closed and I leave feedback for the client, do they get a prompt from Upwork to go and leave me feedback?

Lloyd S wrote:

Phyllis, thanks for the quick reply. One more question. Once the contract is closed and I leave feedback for the client, do they get a prompt from Upwork to go and leave me feedback?

They do, but they may choose not to, or forget to, it's not uncommon. You reminding them to do so is not in line with Upwork policy, but they will get a prompt from the system.

If you are closing the contract, select the "Job completed successfully" option.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members