Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Feedback

mrgonz
Ace Contributor
Luis G Member Since: Aug 2, 2017
1 of 5

So after a few months I finally got my first job on upwork, a very small one, but it has been really a nice client, so the thing is when the first milestone was done she kept adding milestones for other jobs which is good, and it has been delivered and we are both very satisfied with each other, now the contract it's still open but I haven't heard from her lately, and I understand that having feedback it's very important so other clients start seen my jss, what would you recommend? should I ask her to finish the contract and give some feefback? I really don't wanna bother but I can use some feedback to get more jobs opportunities

mrgonz
Ace Contributor
Luis G Member Since: Aug 2, 2017
2 of 5

well ain't this funny, she just added another milestone I'm guessing she wanna keeps working for a while, but I still could use some advice, should she keep doing milstones? or new contracts?

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
3 of 5
Luis, congratulations on the job and finding a nice client. As long as the client keeps giving you new milestones, I don’t think you should inconvenience her by asking her to close the contract and rehire you. Having feedback is nice but at least you have money earned and a job in progress. Since the client gives you small tasks, nothing prevents you from working for other clients, so keep applying and you’ll probably get feedback from your next client.
Melanie H Member Since: Nov 2, 2017
4 of 5

@John K wrote:
Luis, congratulations on the job and finding a nice client. As long as the client keeps giving you new milestones, I don’t think you should inconvenience her by asking her to close the contract and rehire you. Having feedback is nice but at least you have money earned and a job in progress. Since the client gives you small tasks, nothing prevents you from working for other clients, so keep applying and you’ll probably get feedback from your next client.

I agree. I know in the beginning it's all about getting feedback in order to have a reputation others can view, but for now I'd keep going with this client. Don't ask her to close and rehire, and especially don't tell her you're looking for feedback. That's a dicey area and should be left until absolutely necessary.

Look for more projects in the meantime, small ones you can really knock out of the ballpark, in order to get the feedback thing rolling. Even without any feedback yet, prospective clients will see somebody did hire you, and continues to have you work for her. That's a beginning.

jojomo
Community Leader
Joëlle O Member Since: Jan 25, 2013
5 of 5

While I agree to some extent with the 2 people that have given you advice about not bothering the client by asking to set up a new contract...  I think you can get your message across to your client in a nice way by explaining that you are new to upwork and you are trying to build your profile and if they would be so kind as to set up a new contract for additional projects (at least one more separate contract to which they can add as many milestones as they wish).

It's not difficult to close a contract, leave feedback and set up a new one. Its just a question of a couple clicks and shouldn't inconvenience your client too much. You just need to word your request in a nice way so that they understand that its not a big deal for them but that doing so can really help you out. You don't need to mention anything about feedback since they will have to leave you feedback upon contract closure. If everything went smoothly, you are almost guaranteed to get a good feedback.

Just my 2 cents though.

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS