🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedback
Page options
ard1997x
Community Member

Feedback

Hi All,

I wanted to share a recent experience that I had with a premium client that did not end up as I expected.

I worked for this client almost for a month and put all my effort to leave him fully satisfied. In my job, communication is very important and unfortunately, the client was not very responsive which created some difficulties however I was able to fill those gaps with different techniques like: I used questionnaires to get all the required information.

Anyway, I was able to proceed further and finished the required work then I was waiting for the client's feedback. After some days, the client returned and said that none of my designs were what they want so closed the contract by leaving 3.35 feedback with a good review that only criticized deadlines that I missed which were never been set in the first place. 

Anyway, I would like to hear your thoughts about what should I do in this situation:

Should I respond to the feedback?

Should I ask the client politely if he could revise his feedback?

5 REPLIES 5
prestonhunter
Community Member

re: "Should I respond to the feedback?"

No.

re: "Should I ask the client politely if he could revise his feedback?"

No.

This was real, sincere, thoughtful feedback.

The problem is that you are accustomed to thoughtless feedback star ratings. So when you encounter real ratings, it is jarring. Most freelancers are on the same boat.

aditipie
Community Member

Ardi, I am sorry that this contract ended on a sour note. 

As compared to other contracts, this contract was of a large amount. This will very likely affect your JSS. If I were in your shoes, I would reach out to the client asking them to reconsider their feedback based on the quality of work. But it is unlikely that they will change anything. (I'd ask anyways.) Next, I would use Top rated perk to remove this feedback as it may make it difficult to get new contracts or new invites too. Lastly, going forward, I'd use mid-contract feedback at every $1000 earned on a contract.   

It's a tricky spot but I wouldn't worry too much though. It will fall out of JSS window in 3 months. Good luck!! 🙂

Hi Aditi,

Thanks for your response.

I liked your suggestions however I want to save my perk for more extreme situations that would drop off me completely from Top Rated, I believe this contract won't make my score below 90% considering that within 3 JSS windows my score was 90%+.

e6e1c3fa
Community Member

"We have gone through a thorough process and each step was discussed and agreed with the client so the designs could meet their goals. I believe the client will see the results of my designs in the future and understand the value provided so I'll be happy to work with him again then.."

Please check reponse of client feedback. 

Are you individual or not?!

LOL

Hi Fire,

Your response is off-topic, and I did not ask the community for that feedback also I'm individual and by We( I meant me and the client).

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members