🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feedbacks
Page options
karinskold
Community Member

Feedbacks

There is feedbacks sometimes.. not often, but they are there at times.
You are working hard to keep your profile nice. Then one client sort of
Make it’ dirty’ by writing statements that are unfair not really true.
As if they knew your skill set so well after one hour work.
Leaving low feedback and write something that has no relevans.

Just wanted to hear other freelancers experiences.

( I will use my right to delete it as Top Rated)

7 REPLIES 7
prestonhunter
Community Member

Karin: You have great feedback overall after finishing 130 jobs.

You have nothing to prove to anyone.

I don't think you should feel any compulsion AT ALL to "keep your profile clean" by removing an occasional feedback that isn't completely unenthusiastic.

Clients are people who - like you - have seen and used many websites which have ratings. Movies. Restaurants. Hotels. Service providers. Freelancers. I don't expect every place I go and everybody I hire to have perfect reviews across the board. I can look at a body of feedback and consider the overall picture. The reasonable people who might hire you can do so as well.

tlbp
Community Member

Karin S wrote:
There is feedbacks sometimes.. not often, but they are there at times.
You are working hard to keep your profile nice. Then one client sort of
Make it’ dirty’ by writing statements that are unfair not really true.
As if they knew your skill set so well after one hour work.
Leaving low feedback and write something that has no relevans.

Just wanted to hear other freelancers experiences.

( I will use my right to delete it as Top Rated)

It's an opinion. So it really doesn't matter that much. 

kinector
Community Member

Karin, I agree with the above. Here, just a practical perspective.

This is a numbers game. If the work you do requires 100 small contracts a year, it is INEVITABLE, statistically, that you get one or two bad clients (who seemed reasonable at first). It happens eventually.

Doing bigger contracts reduces the risk, but on the other hand, a mix-up on a big contract would have a big impact on your JSS too.

When you do a lot of projects, one bad review drops to Page 2 very quickly, right? Do many new clients even get to that page? Most don't, I'm guessing. The only case I would recommend removing feedback is when the client writes a mile long review, is calling names, uses inappropriate language, and is being in general a complete opposite of professional. That could have a business impact of the review fills the whole first page. 😬

I've never removed any feedback yet. But most of the projects I do take weeks or months, so the total number is still under 30. No big mix-ups so far, lucky me.

Only recently in started doing short consulting assignments so we'll see how it goes. Wish me luck! 😁

In summary, I'd say don't worry so much. Drop the perfectionism if it doesn't have a clear negative business impact. Nobody is perfect anyway! 😉

Like Preston said, you have nothing to prove to anyone.

Keep going. Do good stuff! 👍👍

Another numbers game:

The likelihood of encountering emojis in one of Mikko's posts is directly proportional to the length of the post and after a set number of words approaches certainty.

Glad you noticed, Preston! 😉😁😀🤣😍

Thanks for your replies here.

It is true. But, it matters when someone writes statements on my "wall" that is an opinion about my skill set.

And when it is not the truth about you. As the client, no way could have known so much about you after such a short time.

I guess it is just a way to show their power and make other people inferior. 

Exactly so, Karin. Some unprofessional people project their anger or insecurity on others without a real cause. All they need is some kind of trigger, any kind of negative event. Sometimes, it isn't even about the freelancer or the work or anything else related to a job on Upwork. Just random stuff.

You cannot change those people. But you can save your trump card and use it wisely in the right situation to remove the feedback like you just did. That's why the option is there in this system.

So I'd say again, if that bad review could have a negative impact on your business, don't feel bad about using the removal option. Use it.

But if the review isn't particularly hurting, just not a perfect 5-star review, it's probably better to let it be and save your trump card for a real emergency. It could be the next project.

As you've already removed the feedback, I cannot tell how bad it was.

(Preston, PS. No emojis here, haha!)
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members