🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Feel, I'm not reach to next level
Page options
kalaani
Community Member

Feel, I'm not reach to next level

After looking back of 10 years of freelancing ( Completed 452 Jobs ) , feel i'm not reached up to next level .  What can be reason ? Is there anyone like me .... So worried .... 😞

- Whats missing ....... ?

- Is it the problem of my geographical loaction ( Sri Lanka )

- Being a woman

Any ideas from experts .... 

3 REPLIES 3
varungs
Community Member

What exactly does this 'next level' entail? You're charging $55/hr according to your profile, which is pretty darn good

Also... It's not because you're a woman (given that there are female freelancers out there who make hundreds of thousands on UW)

feed_my_eyes
Community Member

Did you upgrade your services, improve your skills and/or learn any new skills in the past 10 years? Have you tried to simply increase your hourly rate? Have you done any marketing outside of Upwork? Maybe those would be better solutions instead of blaming your location or your gender. (While I'm sure that being a female is a challenge in traditionally male occupations like firefighting or engineering, I'm pretty sure it's not affecting your ability to get design work.)

kinector
Community Member

I'm based in Malaysia and doing IT. So I can pretty well claim the country of residence is not a big bottleneck. Nobody goes online to seek Malaysian IT talent (well except Singaporeans maybe haha).

I took a quick look at your profile.

It looks like most clients really like the work you do, but some give something like 3-4 star reviews every now and then.

It can also be the case that those who give 5 stars publicly don't give a full recommendation in the private review.

Only you can know why some clients seem unhappy.

In general, communication, expectation management, business skills... those are some of the most common areas that many freelancers could improve in my experience.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members