🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Feeling Insecure on Upwork
Page options
ibtesamsadiq
Community Member

Feeling Insecure on Upwork

Hi,
I saw some posts on Quora where people say that:
“Upwork suspended their account for no reason and it will happen to others too”.
Reading this kind of post worries me. Because I am new to Upwork and just started earning on it. I want to grow my account. And it's my only source of income right now. And to be honest, I have accounts on other freelance sites but Upwork is the only platform that has Unreal Engine jobs. While all other platform has near to none or low-priced jobs. So there are no jobs on those platforms for me.
So, people who are telling these stories, don't tell the reason for suspension. So I feel insecure 😟.
A freelancer who spent 7 to 10 years on Upwork. And even if he was the one who made mistake. Doesn't he deserve 2nd chance? but I heard that Upwork doesn't listen to freelancers.
3 REPLIES 3
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ibtesam,

Rest assured that decisions to suspend a user’s account are not taken lightly and without fully investigating TOS violations. To learn more about this, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I read the rules before.
1. Is it ok to share contact detail after getting hired if a client asks for skype?
2. I want to clear if it's ok to share Artstation portfolio links in the proposal because clients ask about it.
I don't share the link of the page that has my contact information but if the client wants he can still navigate to get that by clicking on different pages through the Artstation page.
But to make it clear I don't want to go outside of the platform because I don't want to get scammed.

Hi Ibtesam,

1. Yes you can communicate with your clients via another method once an official contract is formed. 

2. We know sharing your past work is important. Therefore, you can share links to external portfolios when you submit a proposal. Note: We understand external portfolios may include contact information, it is still fine to share these, though please make sure to ask the client to only contact you via Upwork. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members