🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Fees
Page options
af792128
Community Member

Fees

Hello,

As I know 20% Upwork fee decrease to 10% after you earn 500$.

I have already earned 500$ but sill 20% fee deducts from my earnings. Why it is happening or is there any other requirement?

Thanks in advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
wescowley
Community Member

It's $500 per client. So for a given client, once you pass $500 in billing, your fee will drop to 10% for that client. 

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
wescowley
Community Member

It's $500 per client. So for a given client, once you pass $500 in billing, your fee will drop to 10% for that client. 

Thank you, Wes! That was something I have not recieve.

Have a nice day

muoixd
Community Member

I thought 500$ is total earn not per client.

re: "I thought 500$ is total earn not per client."

It is okay that you thought that.

Many freelancers have had a similar misunderstanding.

It is $500 per client.

I have a follow-up question. If you close a contract and restart one with the same client in the future, does the $500 start over - or does the system recognize that you worked for them before and automatically start at the 10% fee instead of the 20%? 

Erica on any new contract with the *Same/Previous Client* for earnings tab $500-$10,000

- If you are hired by the *same client id* then you pay 10% of the money earned.

- If you are hired by a *different client id* then u again pay 20% up to $500.

Great. Thanks that is helpful. 

Hi. There's something I'm not understanding, for how long do you have tp pay these fees? Forever? During the length of your contract?

Thanks !

Hi Alex,

To learn more about our Freelancer Service fees, check out this Help Article. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thanks, I read that before asking this here.
If you do not mind. Can I get a straight answer?

Hi Alex,

The service fee will be charged on all of your earnings even regardless of how long it will be active. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Thank you for taking the time and for your information!

Alex F wrote:
 how long do you have tp pay these fees? Forever? During the length of your contract?

The fees are deducted from your earnings before you get the money. So you don't have to "pay" them as such. The client pays Upwork (you can't ever accept payment from a client directly) and Upwork takes the fees before paying the rest to you.

Glass half full or half empty! Semantics! At the end it is money for a job done!

Alex F wrote:
Glass half full or half empty! Semantics! At the end it is money for a job done!

Yes, so you need to charge enough money to cover your expenses, like all businesses do.

Right, right!
Thanks for the information and the insight.

Alex F wrote:
Right, right!
Thanks for the information and the insight.

Is your name Julio oder Alex?

Both. Julio Alejandro is my name. You can use any!

I strongly suggest that you (Alex) look at the wording in both your profile title and the description beneath. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths