Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Few questions

Highlighted
Miroslav J Member Since: Sep 5, 2014
1 of 4

Hello everybody,

Firstly, I think we should have some thread where we could ask some fast questions, since I always have something to ask but I don't want to disturb you making a new thread Smiley Happy

1) I declined one offer for job and I wrote that I can't accept since I have few active jobs on oDesk, so I will not have time.... and I accidentally checked

"Reason: The payment terms are not what we agreed", and now I can't change it. Will that somehow affect on clients stats or mine? Also, in the past few days, I got a lot of job invitations but I declined all. That will not affect on JS score, right? Smiley Happy

2) I have never verified my profile via ID or mobile phone, since no one asked me for that. What should I do? I wouldn't like to someone suddenly block my account or limit my financial transaction because of that.

3) Do I break rules, if I write my skype name in applications for jobs?

Sorry if my English isn't best. At least, I am sincere, so I said on profile that my English is on conversational level Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
2 of 4

Hi Miroslav,

1) Declining offers/invites does not affect your stats; the important thing is to reply with some sort of answer within 24 hours. Btw, you can always message that client and tell him/her that you accidentally chose the wrong reason for declining the job and give them the correct reason. Just to be polite and so that there's no misunderstanding.

2) You shouldn't get suspended/blocked because you're not verified. However, just to be safe you should get those things done. I think you can do that under Settings, Contact Info.

3) This was actually a topic of discussion a few days ago - see Valeria's response at the end of this thread: http://community.odesk.com/t5/Freelancers/Can-I-forwar-my-client-to-my-portfolio-outside-oDesk/m-p/7...

So it's not against the rules to do that.

Hope that helps!

Highlighted
Miroslav J Member Since: Sep 5, 2014
3 of 4

Thank you very much Isabelle. Answers are very helpful.

I just can't find anything about ID or Mobile phone verification under Settings, Contact Info.

I tried to add Security (SMS) Email, but I didn't get code on my mobile device (I tried twice).

Highlighted
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
4 of 4

You're welcome. I remember adding my phone number and a copy of my ID when signing up. A few weeks later, I was informed that my profile had been verified and now my number has also been verified.

Perhaps someone/moderators have some info on this? Otherwise it's best to contact CS and ask them how you can go about verifying your profile. Good luck!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS