🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Few suggestions to enhance Upwork (Design/Cre...
Page options
fidel_karyj
Community Member

Few suggestions to enhance Upwork (Design/Creative)

HI! I work in the design/video field and I've noticed that some things are missing on Upwork that can boost the clients and freelancer search for the right project:

1. Make a price range filter in Search for work - there are tons of low paid jobs that show up on the string it would be great if a freelancer could limit those by filtering out the lower or higher rates and leaving the optimal price for him.

2. Support of animated GIF, or short MP4 to highlight your work. I work in the video field and it would be nice to show a small animated GIF or looped video right away, rather than looking at pictures, clicking on the project and then going to youtube to watch a video. Support for animated GIFs or short looped videos will decrease the search time for customers and make your profile look more professional and attractive.

3. Outdated or incomplete portfolio services - when I create a new portfolio item I have a dropdown menu - 

Select the specific services and skills you demonstrated while working on this project

Video Deliverables
Video Editing Software

and here are tons of unlisted stuff - for instance 
1) You can't choose After Effects for 2D animation, although many people create animation in AE
2) There no such things as cinemagraph or plotograph in Video Deliverables although they are widely used in social media and eCommerce.
You should add something like - "write your own thing" because the lists are far from being full.

Thank you!
2 REPLIES 2
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Ivan, 

Thank you for sending your suggestions here. For your first question, I wanted to check if the "Budget filter" below matches what you were suggesting? You should be able to access this by clicking on the magnifying glass on your Find Work page, and clicking on the Filters button. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-15 at 1.42.45 PM.png

I also wanted to check if you are unable to add a video the portfolio section of your profile? You should be able to add the link from YouTube, or Vimeo, making sure that monetization is disabled on your video, and your video is public. You may read more about it here.

As for your other suggestions, I'll share this with the team for their consideration.  

~ Avery
Upwork

Thanks for your reply, but as I've said it takes time to get to a youtube video, and animated GIF gives the customer a glimpse at your work right on your page

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members