🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » File a Dispute
Page options
rphrashad
Community Member

File a Dispute

Hi.

I'm new to Upwork and I have finished two contracts but the clients are not paying me the amount. The worst thing is that they contacted me via messages and I agreed to do work. Now, when I have completed the work they are not responding to me

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Rashad:

It sounds like you were using Upwork incorrectly.

If you are not getting paid for your work, then it is your fault. This is good news. Because it means you can change what you do in the future, and you can get paid.

Did you do the work without having an official contract in place?

When you go here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

…do you see the contrast listed there?
If not, it means there is no contract, and you can not get paid.

Your subject line says “File a dispute”

But if there is no contract, then there is nothing to dispute.

Feel free to tell us more about your situation. Or ask questions.

If you want to succeed on Upwork, you need to continue learning and asking questions until you understand your mistakes.

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
petra_r
Community Member

Rashad C wrote:

I'm new to Upwork and I have finished two contracts but the clients are not paying me the amount. The worst thing is that they contacted me via messages and I agreed to do work. Now, when I have completed the work they are not responding to me

Do you have any contracts showing under "My Jobs"?

If you used Upwork correctly, you get paid automatically.

If you don't have any contracts, you can't get paid and can't file a dispute.

Real-Job-Or-Scam.jpg

No I don't have. I was new to Upwork and I didn't know how to start work

Rashad C wrote:

No I don't have. 

Then you can't get paid and there is no way to dispute. In future, don't start any work until you have been hired.

Rashad C wrote:

I was new to Upwork and I didn't know how to start work

There are generally 2 ways to learn. One is the easy way (by informing yourself before jumping into something) or the hard way (by losing money). You chose the hard way, but I expect the learning experience was effective.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Rashad:

It sounds like you were using Upwork incorrectly.

If you are not getting paid for your work, then it is your fault. This is good news. Because it means you can change what you do in the future, and you can get paid.

Did you do the work without having an official contract in place?

When you go here:

Upwork -> My Jobs -> My Jobs

…do you see the contrast listed there?
If not, it means there is no contract, and you can not get paid.

Your subject line says “File a dispute”

But if there is no contract, then there is nothing to dispute.

Feel free to tell us more about your situation. Or ask questions.

If you want to succeed on Upwork, you need to continue learning and asking questions until you understand your mistakes.

thank you so much for your valuable response. 

Hi Preston,

I am writing to you regarding a payment issue with one of my clients named**Edited for Community Guidelines**

My concern- I worked full time with the client as we agreed in the contract. He put $400 in escrow but after finishing the work he only released $200. I messaged him to pay full based on my working days, you can check here-
**Edited for Community Guidelines**

He is not responding my message. Kindly consider this issue and help me in getting my honorarium.

I also tried to file a dispute but I am unable to find the "timesheet'' option under his contract. I spoke with Upwork bot chat but the service was terrible and didn't get any help from that.

I request you to consider this issue ASAP.

Waiting for positive response from your side.

Regards,
Mukul Pant

Contract ID

Hi Mukul,

I'm sorry to learn about your experience with the client. We’ve escalated your community post to a support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist.

~ Luiggi
Upwork

Hi Luiggi,

I hope this message finds you well.

I wanted to discuss a payment concern I'm experiencing with one of my clients. Despite several attempts, he did not respond to my messages nor release the payment for the work completed.

The previous ticket got automatically closed without giving the solution.(I don't know how it works)

Given the circumstances, I believe it's necessary to explore the option of filing a dispute. Could you please advise me on the appropriate steps to take in this situation?

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Mukul

Hi Mukul,

You get a notification on your registered email address every time when our team members respond to your support ticket. If your support ticket is closed, you can respond to the same support ticket to reopen your request. Please don't hesitate to follow up with them on the same support ticket if you have additional questions regarding your concern. Note that support requests are responded to in the order they are received. Kindly allow 24-48 hours for the team to follow up with you and assist you further.

- Pradeep

Upwork

Hi Pradeep,

Thanks for your message.

I apologize, Pardeep, but I'm uncertain about how to proceed with filing a dispute. This situation is entirely new to me, and I'm finding it quite complicated.

Additionally, I haven't received any emails regarding this matter.

Could you please guide me on how to file a dispute? If possible, could you provide step-by-step instructions or a direct link?

I'm eagerly awaiting your response and appreciate your assistance in navigating this process.

Best regards,
Mukul

Reference link of the previous ticket-https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/requests/46204117

Hi Mukul,

We’ve escalated your community post to a new support ticket. One of our agents will be in touch with you soon to assist you in initiating a dispute. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
mukul_pant
Community Member

Thanks  Luiggi.

I'll be very thankful for this.

7966b5e7
Community Member

Thank you so much for the Information. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members