🐈 Community
» Forums » Freelancers » Files in attachment !!
Page options
c5608a93
Community Member

Files in attachment !!

Hello .. it's impossible to share any attachment today ! What's happening ???  :-5

56 REPLIES 56
Community Member

Is there a problem today with the site that is causing an error in uploading files (PDFs) in the proposal page?

I've tried 3 times on 3 jobs to upload a pdf (3 to 6 mg).

aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Richard, 

I wanted to check if this happens on another browser, or after you've cleared your cache and cookies? 

~ Avery
Upwork
Community Member

I've cleared my cache and cookies in google chrome and the problem still persists today.

Hi Richard,

Our team will investigate this further and reach out to you directly shortly to assist you further. Thank you for reporting.

~ Goran
Upwork

Never clear cache and cookies when people from Upwork ask you to do so. Actually they know nothing about cache and cookies and only post canned responses...

Sorry, we were unable to save your attachment.png

Me too...

jkrl
Community Member

It's happening to me as well - in 2 different browsers. Never happened before.

Hi Jennifer,

Our engineers are currently investigating the issue with attachments that some freelancers are experiencing. I see you already have a ticket about it and the team will use it to post an update.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork
dc6cceb4
Community Member

Am having issue uploading my attached files to my proposal for days now. 

Please I need help

Hi Christian,

Can you please share the error message you're receiving when you tried to add attachments? You can also try using a different browser and clearing your cache and cookies. If the issue persists please let me know with a screenshot of the error message and I'll look further into that for you.

~ Arjay
Upwork

I am also having such issue now. I can't upload both on the app and on the site.

Screenshot_20220614-085258.png

jkrl
Community Member

I'm having that problem as well. "Can't upload image.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Sylvia and Jennifer, 

I`m sorry about the inconvenience this had caused you. Our team will reach out to you both and assist you further via ticket. Thank you!

~ Goran
Upwork

I'm in the same boat over here too. I can't attach anything to my proposals.  

Problem here too.  Can't send a proposal, even without an attachment.

Hi All,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issue with attachments. Our engineers are currently working on fixing it as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

~ Valeria
Upwork

Can you help me to? , i can't add attachments either .

Hi James,

Are you seeing an error message when you tried to add attachments? Can you please try a different browser and try clearing your cache and cookies if that works? If you still experience trouble after trying out these steps, please let us know so we can investigate further. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
digiphics
Community Member

I'm able to attach some files, not able to attach any files from previous client work (I have been given authorization from these clients to share the work).

chua-ms
Community Member

Dear Support Staffs,

I am unable to upload a few of my works in the proposal section for my client's review and reference. I have tried multiple browsers and have cleared my cache but it does not seem to work.

I have also tried attaching the files that I have previously sent to other clients but the same problem persists. Below is a snapshot of the error I received since afternoon and this problem have yet been resolved.

Please advise, thanks.

Regards,

Min Sheng.

Capture.JPG

Hi Min Sheng,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the issue with attachments. Our engineers are currently working on fixing it as soon as possible. Thank you for your patience.

~ Bojan
Upwork
bgreek65
Community Member

This has actually been going on for several days, but is more persistent today.  As well as the site traffic is spiking, cannot reach the page you want, etc.

carolinagaray105
Community Member

I have a PDF portfolio that I've been uploading recently in my applications, but since last night Upwork won't let me upload this attachment. It comes up with a message saying "we are unable to save this attachment." I've tried renaming it, compressing it, making sure all the links are present in InDesign where I made it, and nothing will let me attach it even though I've done so multiple times before. I tried uploading different files just to see if they worked, and it seems to be just this specific attachment that Upwork has a problem with.

I am having the same problem. 

mircofragomena
Community Member

Hello,

starting from today, everytime I want to submit a proposal and I go to upload an attachment to it I receive a message that says "Sorry, we were unable to save your attachment.".
I've tried with both Chrome and Firefox, and cleaned my cache on both browsers, but still getting the error.

What should I try more?

Thanks!

Will we receive any update from Upwork? I cannot submit proposals without attachments, it's not professional

vango44
Community Member

Smaller files will go sometimes. Maybe the server is choking???

vango44
Community Member

Same problem. AI and PDF files about 5 Megs, always reliable until now. 

Sure does not help to get work by showing examples.  FRUSTRATING!

keyreel
Community Member

The same here. Safari/Chrome.

gomeznat
Community Member

Hi,

I'm having the same problem right now. It worked perfectly this morning, and after a few hours, this message started to pop up. I thought it was an issue with the publication, but it shows the same message on every job publication. I hope you can help me, since I need to send samples to show my work to the clients. Thank you in advance.

gomeznat
Community Member

Hello everybody!

I've been having issues with uploading edition samples today. The thing is, it worked perfectly this morning. I went off the computer for a few hours, and now, whenever I want to upload a sample I get the message "Sorry, we were unable to save your attachments.", without any further information about the problem.

I tried restarting the browser, logging out and logging back in, cleaning cookies and cache, cleaning the DNS's, and nothing has worked. What's even weirder is that this only happens with images (.jpeg and .png files) since I tried to upload a word document (.docx) and it worked perfectly. I've also checked the files' size and they're all under 25MB - I've actually uploaded many times since I always need to upload samples to show my work whenever I apply to a job.

I hope you can help me. Thank you in advance for your time.

Ditto, I was just now trying to send a proposal out and the same message popped up. I wound up telling the prospective client that if awarded the job I would share images via messages. Glad I got to add some work for their review. This has been going on all day for me.

Have the same problem :Снимок экрана 2022-11-20 в 00.12.35.png

Hi Anastasiia,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

~ Luiggi
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

The issue that's caused errors when accessing attachments has been resolved. Please, let us know if you continue experiencing errors.

Thanks!

~ Valeria
Upwork

Fixed. Thank you!

The problem has recurred again:

2018-06-16_041558.png

Hello Ivan,

Thank you for giving us an update. I'll share your concern with the team too. Thank you!

Untitled
saharajdeep
Community Member

Hi, From last two days, I'm getting a message while uploading any sample file during proposal submission. The message is, "Sorry, we were unable to save your attachment." I'm unable to share any sample files. Please help!
Latest Articles
Upcoming Events
Feb 13
Feb 28
Upwork Community Virtual Hour
Community Hour English
Mar 28
Upwork Virtual Community Hour
Community Hour English
Learning Paths