poslanikk

Filled job positions- no option to get connects back

Hello

So before on odesk in the good old days we could apply for jobs and when clients hired somebody you could have withdrawn the application but NOOOOOOOO with connects we are stuck I have like 15 jobs where somebody else got hired and so I lost 15 job applications which is nice because I cant do anything about it.

Apart from this bad call from the options, we have lost funcionality with upwork, so where exactly can I post this to or who should i contact to get this fixed?

4 REPLIES 4
dijatul

My qyestion also

suznee

You only get connects back if the job is cancelled by Upwork or the client without a hire.

Do I get my Connects back if the client cancels the job or if I withdraw my application?

You do not get back your Connects if you withdraw an application. If a job is cancelled without hiring (by the client or Upwork), the Connects used on that application will be returned for you to reuse. Returned Connects are subject to the usual rollover restrictions, maximums, and billing cycle timing. 

https://support.upwork.com/entries/61069834-Connects-Memberships-FAQs-for-Freelancers

Arnold,

The Connects system has been discussed thoroughly in the community including the pros and cons of its introduction. Do a cursory search and you will find more than sufficient information on this.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
lyambarreau

Arnold,

One of the biggest reasons for Connects is quality. If someone else was hired and you were refunded your Connects, it'd completely contradict the entire system. 

Now, people won't waste Connects applying for jobs in which they aren't experienced, skilled and educated in like they did nefore.