🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Filter jobs by required connect
Page options
danialupwork
Community Member

Filter jobs by required connect

Hi Upwork,

I see there is no job search filter based on connects required for the job. It will be great if you can embed this filter so that It will be easy to search for low or high connects job.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'm happy to share that the option to filter jobs by the number of Connects that are required to apply is now available. Please see this product update for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
pudingstudio
Community Member

Malik D wrote:

Hi Upwork,

I see there is no job search filter based on connects required for the job. It will be great if you can embed this filter so that It will be easy to search for low or high connects job.

Thanks

Would that help? How?

Aren't all jobs divided only in two categories - ones you can crush and those you are not interested in?

I believe you didn't get what I'm trying to explain. Example: If someone has two remaining connects OR newbie tries to search or apply for jobs with low connects, so he has to scroll down until he get a suitable job(connects based). If there is a filter to sort jobs based on connect will be helpful and can make searching fast.

Thanks

I agree! Please add this.

This is very good to add this filter - low to high

storylinesocial
Community Member

I second this.

rabia_bashir
Community Member

Did you got ans ? If you get response then plz update me as well.

I also want to filter low connects job.

Hello !

Please do let me know how we can filtre low connect jobs.

I am new on upwork please guide me. 

Thanks

nicoleanders78
Community Member

Agreed. This would be a very useful & time saving feature.

shancs
Community Member

Agree, there should be such option to sort by number of connects.

Try the following settings:
Experience Level: Entry Level
Budget: Less than $100

Project Length: Less than 1 month

Yes, it's helpful for all freelancers I think. Would better if there a flat connect system.

pgerm
Community Member

Agree! Otherwise, stop charging just to get Connects. It works a hardship and it's insulting.

Paul G wrote:

Agree! Otherwise, stop charging just to get Connects. It works a hardship and it's insulting.

If they stop charging for connects all of the people who can't land steady jobs because they don't do quality work will just spam proposals all day long.

rameezwebexpert
Community Member

Hey Folks,

I have been seeing lot of posts in community discussions of complaining and claiming the Upwork client quality is degrading. I am not sure about it but yes this paid connects thing made it more difficult for getting job.

I haven't got good response from clients this month which made me worry about this now. After a long time I also came across client clearly asking for Free work. 

Well here I want to propose New Job Filter - Connects required with options 2-4-6. When we have low connects this will help us to identify lower connects faster. 

Also, I see lot job posts require 6 connects which make us think it is potential but after checking job posts actvitiy even they are not hiring. 

Hope to see more better Upwork soon !!!

Thanks,
Rameez 

I totally agree with your comment, it's a matter that can do professionals stop seeing this platform as a good option for their activity. It seems that little by little it is more difficult to find dignify paid jobs and the number of connections required are more.

Best regards
Eloy

sidepole_spot
Community Member

The most IMPORTANT is, please add a filter to job search where freelancer can select jobs with connects required 2, 4 or 6. At least you offer this filter to save freelancer's time and effort. Thanks

Hi Muaawiya,

Thanks for sharing your suggestion. I will send your feedback to the team for consideration.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I second this.

I feel the same, how did you guys missed this?

Hello Community,

I have a suggestion to add a filter option by connects to the job search, because it can reduce options available to the amount of connects a freelancer owns at the moment. For example, to search for jobs which require only 4 connects to submit a proposal. I find it helpful hope other freelancers do too.

Carine N wrote:

Hello Community,

I have a suggestion to add a filter option by connects to the job search, because it can reduce options available to the amount of connects a freelancer owns at the moment. For example, to search for jobs which require only 4 connects to submit a proposal. I find it helpful hope other freelancers do too.

Good suggestion.  Upwork should consider it. 

That will be awesome. Please let me know if upwork will add this. I think, that's not good for time spending on platform, so, I'm not sure. At least, let me know.

muhammad_shahid2
Community Member

1. Why do we have to open the job post to see the required number of connects to post the job ? Can we have descriptor (as there is for number of submitted proposals, etc) for required connects under the job title ? It save time sifting therough the feed for hunting the right job

2. How about a filter of "required connects" in filtered job section? that' quickly filter the job in range of the connects freelancer is willing to spend ?

Hi Shahid,

Thanks for taking the time to share your suggestions. I'll pass this along to the appropriate team.

Thank you

Pradeep

Upwork

You're not boosting?

sivavranagaro
Community Member

There are some really good gigs with just a 1 connect but it's a pain to find those.

Can you please, o please, add the filter for jobs in regard to number of connects?

Thanks.

Hi Vesna, 

Thank you for this suggestion. I'll be sure to share it with our team. 

~ Bojan
Upwork
kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi All,

I'm happy to share that the option to filter jobs by the number of Connects that are required to apply is now available. Please see this product update for more information. 

~ Valeria
Upwork

Filter jobs by required link does not appear

I see that there is no job search filter based on business contacts. This feature was available until a few weeks ago but has now disappeared. This filtering process no longer appears during searches.
It would be great if you fix this. Please fix this feature in the searches section

Best regards
Elsever

crart
Community Member

Her post is from 2022 😂 since then UW went even lower in quality and transparency than I expected.

nishaq
Community Member

Please add that connect filter back. 

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths