cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Financial Account Suspended 4 days ago

artchel_roiles
Artchel C Member Since: Sep 19, 2012
1 of 6
Hello, My odesk financial account was suspended 4 days ago due to my tasks in which my client allows me to open her odesk account, we are both innocent about the terms in odesk that you cannot open two accounts at once. I made my explanation to the Risk Management Team attached with evidence, they responded to me and made me acknowledge my mistake looking forward that this wont happen again in the future, i did acknowledge and promise them not to do it again now that I am aware. Now my problem is i still do not hear a response from them, the worst is I badly need my funds for the Final Exam of my brother in college, i so pity my brother as I am the person he relies on his studies, please can anybody help me how to make the restoration quick? I badly need my funds this week. Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Smiley Sad Artchel
singlag1993
Gaurav S Member Since: Dec 9, 2014
2 of 6

did they replied on this issue ?

Please share the results, I am asking this because I am also suffering from similar issue :-(

singlag1993
Gaurav S Member Since: Dec 9, 2014
3 of 6

Hi Guys !
I got my account back 1 year ago, my account was suspended due to IP conflicting, I didn't know the exact reason. I tried to speak with upwork support and they took time but after lots of verification they reactivated my account.  

I'd suggest, you guys must be get in touch with the Upwork Team for this issue and Don't lie because they have proper records of your account suspension and have rights to deactivate it so Just truly explain your situation about the account suspension and you can get your account back after proper verification by them. 
But You must be loyal. They might take some time but keep patience. It took more than 1 month in my case. 

I really wanna thank you upwork team for reactivating my account back and providing this community feature so that everyone can share their experience with others. Great Work !

Thanks,
Gaurav Singla

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 6

Artchel... I hope things turn out well for you, I really do. You seem like a nice person...

And it sounds like oDesk is trying to treat you fairly and it sounds like you acknowledged your mistake.

So don't take this personally when I point out for anybody and everybody something which should be obvious (but which was apparently not obvious at one point to you):

Don't share accounts.

People have different accounts for a reason. It's so that your actions can be accurately identified and linked to yourself. It's not a punishment. It's not a tradition or a nicety or something meant for other people. It's really important!

I'm a database programmer who does a lot of work in the medical field, so maybe I'm really sensitive to this. But it's obviously important on oDesk, too.

If my database records Artchel as having done some action or recorded data or whatever, by virtue of logging who it was that was logged in when that action was recorded, it darn well better have been Artchel who did it. Or the whole system breaks down.

If "Client X" is logged in doing something, it better be Client X, and not Artchel, doing it.

If a client doesn't know how to do something, I try to send them instructions. I refer them to oDesk's support desk. Or I figure out a way around it. Maybe they're never going to figure out milestones? Fine. Use separate projects instead of milestones. Whatever.

But you can't be logging into oDesk (or other systems) for other people, whether it's your client or your co-workers or anybody else. People start seeing that happen and they'll not only mistrust you, they'll mistrust everybody around you, because they won't know for certain who is doing what.

kochubei_valeria
Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
5 of 6

Hi guys,

I have just checked and it looks like the issue with Artchel's account has been sorted out and now her financial account is not limited.

~ Valeria
Untitled
edwardharvay
Keshav K Member Since: Dec 9, 2014
6 of 6

Good news for freelancer

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS