🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Financial Account Suspended without any reaso...
Page options
aisha-saif
Community Member

Financial Account Suspended without any reason

On 30th May, 2022 (Tuesday), i was invited to a job post and I accepted the job invitation. After initial discussion with the client, client offered me the job and I did the job in few hours and let the client know and sent the client program and output file. Client asked for several revisions and I did those revisions too. Client lacked technical skills, so I connected to client's server via anydesk and helped them in setting the python program and client tested the program and was happy and satisfied and released the funds. Then we started discussing next job and had good discussion about the job.

Suddenly, Client stopped responding and after few hours, client cancelled the contract and gave me 1-star rating. It was very strange to me, so I asked client what happened, client said their account was hacked, they didn't post the job and they didn't get any service. I told the client I provided all the services and I've all the proofs here in the chat. Client said they will dispute and claim the refund and then client stopped responding. 

On 3rd June, 2022 (Friday), I started facing financial transaction issue while purchasing new connects. I checked my transactions and Client's transaction was returned by upwork without discussing with me. In the past if there is any dispute, upwork contacted/notified me of the action and this time also I was looking forward to upwork email about dispute and I was going to fight it. But this time upwork returned the transaction without discussing with me. 

1. On Friday I contacted upwork support and talked to an agent and they said, they will check the issue and I'll hear from them soon about it. ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**)
  2. No response and on Saturday, I contacted again and agent said they will check it and update me. 
  3. No response and I contacted again on Sunday and then I got to know from the agent that upwork don't work over the weekends and I should expect a response on Monday. ( ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**
  4. I didn't get any response on Monday, so I contacted again and agent said the same thing, "we will check and update you". ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**). Then on Monday (later that day), I got one response from Upwork Account Security team and they said they are investigating that contract and client account and I need to send them all the conversations and other details. I replied within 15 mins submitted all the requested documents. ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**)
  5. I didn't hear back from them, so i talked with the agent again on Tuesday and they said the same thing. ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**)
  6. No response on wednesday and thursday either and on both days I talked with agent and they said they will check and update.

Every time I talk with the agent, they say they will check and remind the team to check my ticket ( **Edited for Community Guidelines**) but it's been 7 days and I only got one response on my ticket and now it's been 4 days and no response from upwork. I'm contacting upwork on my ticket and via agent everyday but there is no solid response from upwork. There is no one even assigned to my ticket.

I'm "Top Rated" freelancers with 99% JSS and will be "Top Rated Plus" freelancer next week. I'm working on upwork for the last 3 years and I'm among 1% freelancers in my field. The disputed amount is already taken back by upwork last Friday but there is restriction on my finances. I don't want the money, i don't want to dispute anything, all I need is my account back or at least a response on why this is happening to me, why my account is being suspended and why there is no response to my requests and messages. 

I've followed all the guidelines mentioned by upwork for fixed amount contract

1. Payment method was verified.
  2. I kept all the discussions on upwork.
  3. i didn't start the work before starting the contract.
  4. Client released the money after testing and verification of the tool and output.

But now it's been 7 days, i can't use finances to purchase connects and can't apply to new jobs and upwork is not giving me any response.

Now after being helpless and hopeless, I'm posting here so that anyone can see this and help me in recovering my account. I'm not sure what i did for which upwork is treating their "Top Rated" Freelancer so harshly that there is no response to my requests.

5 REPLIES 5
PradeepH

Hi Aisha,

Thank you for your message. I am sorry to hear about the action taken on your financial account. I have followed up with the team handling your support ticket and they will respond to your support ticket as soon as possible. 

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork

Thank you Pradeep.

aisha-saif
Community Member

Finally an agent responded to my ticket and the issue has been resolved. Thank you.

f62345fb
Community Member

Withdrawal is currently restricted on your account. I requested an appeal and they told me that my account is not suspended.

But I still can't understand why I still can't make a withdrawal. Can anyone help me, please?

Hi Nikola,

Thank you for your message. I see that you have already initiated a support ticket for the same inquiry. One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members