cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thanks Darren. We will work

roncarla11
Ronald Houston M T Member Since: Jun 27, 2011
1 of 13
Hi, I was about to withdraw my money for bills so that on Friday the money will be available in my bank.. unfortunately it shocked me when I got this Financial Account has been suspended. I contacted customer service and they advise me that yes it was suspended and told me usually its due to some violation, but they are not saying and they don't have the details...I really need the money and bills about to pile up next week...what shall I do?? I'm frustrated and worried this is a alarming circumstance... Please HELP!!!
mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
2 of 13
oDesk are suspending accounts due to photo "violations". So that could be the problem. The fact that customer service (I use that word very lightly) cannot give you a reason is absolutely unacceptable. Surely your account is flagged on thier side(?) Even worse is the fact that when you have cleared your "violation" it can still take up to 5 days for them to reinstate your account. oDesk is getting worse by the day.
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
3 of 13
Sunglasses on profile photo.
mandylula
Community Guru
Mandy D Member Since: Jul 29, 2013
4 of 13
If we can figure that our Marcia, why can't the customer service person see it? I haven't been here long, but the problems people are talking about on the forum makes me wonder who on earth is "working" at oDesk. Was it always this bad?
chikuse
Community Guru
Jiang C Member Since: Dec 8, 2013
5 of 13
[quote=Marcia Malory]Sunglasses on profile photo.[/quote] Didn't know that. Is this one of their rules?
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
6 of 13
Not a published one; but apparently it's in the rules that the account-suspending people go by. Published: [quote]Your profile portrait must be your likeness. Additionally: Be sure your picture is appropriate for a professional, global community. You must be the only person in your portrait. If you must use a group picture, please crop out everyone else before you post it. Logos, badges, clip art, landscapes, and any other artwork that is not a likeness of you are not acceptable. The likeness must be of you the person, not just a representation of your profession or personality.[/quote] The rules as stated in the nastygram from oDesk support: [quote]The photo you use on oDesk must be a true likeness of you—cartoons, avatars, heavily digitized photos, logos, clip art, images with text, blurred images, long shots, images where the person is partially or completely cut off or any image that isn’t you is not allowed. Additionally, the photo must be of you only.[/quote] We have, in addition, seen people's accounts shut down for wearing sunglasses and the photo being "too dark". Also photos containing a logo and other photos that we have no bloody clue why they were considered unacceptable...best guess is that a (tiny) part of the person was obscured by an object in the foreground (in this case a laptop). You should change your photo - it's just a matter of time before you get copped by the unpublished 'no sunglasses' rule. Also if oDesk have standards for photos then they should bloody well tell people what those standards are. Shutting people's accounts down and then not even knowing why is wholly ** unacceptable. *removed by admin*
marciamalory
Community Guru
Marcia M Member Since: Apr 3, 2013
7 of 13
Based on what other people are saying on the forum.
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
8 of 13
Hi all, As we've noted previously, we won't discuss specific account details here on the forums, particularly as it relates to account suspensions. I've confirmed Customer Support is in touch with Ronald regarding his case. Also, to clarify some details about profile picture violations, our policy is: "Profile photos should be clear and appropriate for a professional, global community. Logo, clip art, group pictures, or heavily digitally manipulated pictures are prohibited." (see the policies here.) Egregious profile violations can result in suspension (sunglasses are not considered an egregious violation). In most cases, for non-egregious violations, we will set a user's job application quota to zero while they fix the violation.
~ Valeria
Upwork
expuser
Exp U Member Since: Oct 29, 2014
9 of 13
Explain, then, people getting their accounts shut down for both the unpublished list from support and for reasons not in either list. People have been shut down for wearing sunglasses in the profile pic. Also 'too dark" photos. And explain this: ** ...account shutdown. *Removed by admin*
kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
10 of 13
Thanks Darren. We will work with the team on improving our follow up and disclosures as it relates to policy. I can't discuss the specifics as it relates to the user profile you showed earlier and ask that you refrain from posting specific users and account details on these forums.
~ Valeria
Upwork
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS